Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Quernmore Road (up from Harringay Station) has been chosen as one of the 3 projects in our region in Tesco's Bags of Help scheme.  Voting is now open at the following stores and will continue to 13th November.  We'd be really grateful if you visit one of them for your vote. Visit the website www.quernmoreroad.com for more info'.  If you could share this with your contacts, we be most grateful. Twitter @QuernmoreRoad.  Thanks, Kit

Express 5222 ST JOHN CLERKNWLL EXP
Express 5486 NEWINGTON GREEN EXP
Express 5487 SEVEN SISTERS RD EXP
Express 5539 ESSEX RD ISLINGTN EXP
Express 5581 LOWER HOLLOWAY EXP
Express 5648 DRAYTON PARK EXP
Express 5912 1-23 CITY RD LON EXP
Express 5953 PENTONVILL RD LON EXP
Express 6187 CALEDONIAN RD LDN EXP
Express 6314 SISTERS RD LDN EXP
Express 6409 LDN HOLLOWAY EXP
Express 6545 LONDON 24 CHIS ST EXP
Express 6787 CLERKENWELL ST EXP
Express 6803 ISLINGTON NW NRT EXP
Metro 2747 ISLINGTON METRO
Metro 2789 KINGS CROSS METRO
Express 4577 ARCHWAY HOLLOWAY RD EXPRESS
Metro 3222 STROUD GREEN METRO
Metro 5453 HIGHBURY METRO

Tags for Forum Posts: regeneration project

Views: 2087

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been involved in activity on the ladder side that has been slapped down recently by Haringey (new planters, windowboxes) so I can understand why some on the site are a bit frustrated as to why one thing seems ok for some areas and not for others. But I'm not negative about this idea - good for you if you find a way of making it work and even better if it helps others cut through some of red tape we are now likely to face. But do be aware that Haringey appear to be scrutinising resident activity that involves putting anything new on the public highway. They are (rightly) concerned about health and safety but I fear are going about this in a way that makes non-council installations very hard to achieve in practice.

Personally I like the idea of doing something with this space. But I am curious about how this will work - so Haringey have agreed that the road can become non-road?  And what about the people who use it for parking? I'm also interested in how the design works given the huge slope on that road which doesn't t seem to be taken into account in the picture attached to the original post. In terms of specific feedback, like others, I worry that the metal struts will become bike parks - and personally I'd love to have seen planted areas!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service