Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Following last year's regeneration of Harringay Town Centre, last night, along with other members of the LCSP traffic sub-group, I attended a meeting with Haringey Council's new traffic supremo (Member for the Environment, Cllr Stuart McNamara). Cllr McNamara agreed to review traffic management across all areas of Harringay (and yes that's Harringay, not Haringey). 

There is a public meeting to kick off the process and discuss traffic congestion, rat running and high traffic flow in local roads. All are invited to attend. Details are below:

Cyprus Kitchen on Wednesday 25 March from 6:30pm to 7:30pm

Views: 1801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

now - this traffic debate has been rumbling on in one form or another for ten years or more.

and we are probably going to spend even more time on it over the next ten years in one form or another.

But I think 2 things.

(1)  our perception of traffic in Harringay (and Haringey) is somewhat skewed.  The data shows both traffic across the borough and car ownership (in relation to residents) is consistently falling

(2) In ten years time it will be moot anyway as we probably see the biggest change to transport history since the invention of the car in the form of the driverless car.  Fleets of environmentally low impact cars that will take you wherever you want to go.   It's much further down the line and not so far fetched as you may think.

http://www.driverless-future.com/?page_id=384

Time would be better spent trying to do something about this:-

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/children-and-families/children-and-young...

"I would really like to know what they think of Ali Ozbeks mission to get through traffic back into the Gardens from St Anns road by removal of the bollards? Is this going ahead?

It is extremely worrying."

I agree with this. He seems to only represent the interests of the Green Lanes Traders Assoc.

The bollards break down every couple of weeks and it takes an age for the council to repair them each time.

The council have confirmed to me that there will be a third and final consultation on either removing them and replacing with a bike lane only, or for the residnets to pay for the bollards on going maintenance. I fear that this is some kind of political waiting game to attempt to leverage re-opening them to all traffic. This will be terrible for traffic on green lanes as more cars would use the gardens as a short cut across the bus lane and beyond. Not to mention the impact on the local community. I hope the Gardens Residents Assoc are on the case.

Much as I hate 6.30 meetings, I'm going to try to get to this.

It is essential that this does not become focused on the Ladder and takes into account traffic flows around the wider area including West Green Road, St Ann's Road, Hermitage Road and the various feeders.

Its a rubbish time isn't it, when most people aren't home from work yet or are busy with kids dinner and bed etc.

Out of interest, have you actually been invited along, as a resident or WPRA? I haven't been invited, there were letters sent out to some Ladder roads but  AFAICT they didn't go north of Fairfax. Also no other local groups invited other than the LCSP i think. Last week FoHP asked to be included but have had no reply, yet.   

Well said Geoff

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service