Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Has anyone had problems getting through to Haringey Council's emergency number today? Or to the website?

I've had several complaints about people getting the engaged signal when trying to reach the Noise Team.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Tags for Forum Posts: Council Emergency number 11 May 2013, noise team

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As there have been no responses - so far - I hope it indicates the problem was small and temporary.

For the curious, and without breaking anyone's confidence, this involved some builders working on a Saturday - and noisily making changes to a shop premises for which the owners have applied for - but not yet received - planning permission. In Tottenham it's called "Building Back Better". 

The neighbours rang Haringey's Out of Hours Service yesterday - Saturday morning. (020 8348 3148).  They were called by someone from the Noise Team who advised them to call back if the builders didn't stop at 1pm.  The builders did not stop. But when the residents tried to phone they kept getting an engaged signal. They phoned me later in the afternoon and I also got the engaged tone. Around 5.30 I got through to the Noise Team and spoke to someone who'd just come on duty and who promised to call the residents.

Cutting the budget for the Noise Team was stupidity. But if there are more than one-off problems with the Out-of-Hours emergency phone arrangements this could be far worse.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor. Party-whip-free. Yippee!)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service