Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A shortage in primary school places in Haringey is widely expected, and now we are beginning to get reports of children being given placements at some distance from where they live. In order that I might get a better idea of how bad the problem now is, I’d appreciate it If HOL subscribers could let me know about their experiences, either by commenting on this posting or by sending me private message if they prefer.

Thank you

Cllr Karen Alexander

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I confess I was in touch with a couple of people on Mumsnet and I take it your wife must have been one. Obviously its great that you now have an offer of a place at school you like. And its gratifying that its the one I am involved with! Alto' while governors are part of the team, and credit where credit due - speaking for my colleagues, they are all volunteers and they do work hard - the Head really does set the tone, and we have a good body of staff, including I might say the classroom assistants who can often be over looked.

A good thing about Ashmount is that it is very ethnically diverse, clearly we cant plan this, it just happens that way but it adds to the vibrancy.
I would like to put in a plug here for Seven Sisters, (which is nowhere near Seven Sisters tube station by the way, but just off St Ann's Road.) I would urge anybody who feels the school is some kind of 'short straw' to ring the head, Denise Patrick, and ask to see the school in normal working hours, for a tour. I appreciate people might feel wounded if they don't get a school nearby but they seem to be able to travel quite long distances in a westerly direction.
I have no axe to grind with Seven Sisters at all, we didn't see the place and have heard it's a nice school. But from where we live, other side of the Mountview Rd reservoir, it's an impossibly long twice-daily journey for a 5-y-o.

I'd certainly agree anyone considering Seven Sisters or any other school should arrange a visit as early as possible!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service