Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Pop-up space to open on Green Lanes for December - Suggestions / requests welcome!

The KFH offices will be available for community use for the month of December

Ideas currently on the table include a pop-up market for a few days and a pop-up cafe. I mentioned it to a local who might be interested in hosting a pop-up cinema.

It's a blank slate. We could make it something very special. So, any ideas / offers / Requests?

For more information drop in to chat with Rob Chau at Tao Sports  email him at rob@taosport.co.uk.

Tags for Forum Posts: coliseum pop-up

Views: 3262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rob, I was wondering if alongside you it might make sense to have Nick Schlitner or someone from the Council's Economic Regen team - for people who might want to trade locally - or could that be a separate event - helping local businesses start up / improve. We could invite a range of business start-up and advice partners along. Not sure that December is the ideal timing, but why not.

How about contacting and involving Caris Haringey, based in St Anne's Road and works with homeless families in the Borough.  Their website is here: http://www.carisharingey.org.uk/.

Also some of the local schools that run various community activities - such as South Haringey Junior School.

A pre xmas jumble sale might be well attended? A good opportunity to clear out some old things and perhaps pick up some bargains. Plus may be also raise a few bob for a local cause?

I think that could work, it could be post xmas too - as a place to get rid of all those unwanted presents.

I love all the ideas - would love to see creative workshops for adults and also for families/children - I loved the look of the drawing class on today but couldn't make it. Maybe there are residents who could share their art/craft skills.

The knitting circle, the cat sitting group, the seed swap folk...   the Kurdistan Workers Association, the Turkish Cypriot Women’s Project, the Greek Cypriot Women’s Organisation, the London Islamic Cultural Society ....

And maybe one of the many 'dine in my house organisers' that advertise on here can put on a dinner one evening ... with our resident wine expert Hugo providing liquid refreshments.

Wonder if it's worth talking to some of the folk from the Harringay Warehouse scene along Hermitage and thereabouts and Furtherfield. There's some really interesting stuff happening down there galleries, bands, film studios etc - a single showcase place for a day or so may (or may not) be of interest to them. I can give you a couple of contacts if you're interested.

Yes Furtherfield are great a fabulous local arts organisation with international recognition - very collaborative. 

Music on the Ladder would be interested in a community groups day/hour/weekend.

Messiah in a day ?

Now there's an idea!

Or how about a "come and sing" event for everyone - even those who don't read music or think they can't sing. Doesn't have to be Christmas carols...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service