Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Knocked over streetlight by the charity shop .

Spoiled pavement at the side of Devran. I hope the council are going to charge them for cleaning off the paint and cement from when they had their wall done.

Views: 3256

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'd have been tempted to pick it all up, chuck it back in the door and then close the door....
Well we did think that, but then we thought we would try being nice so we asked the guys in the kitchen at the side door to move it but they refused and then got nasty and slammed the door on us and locked it (result in getting the door shut anyway). When I saw it was still there later I went in the front and spoke to the "manager" who got shirty with me and chucked me out. He too closed the doors on me and threatened to have me removed from the pavement outside.

For clarification he did not lay a hand on me but his manner was very aggressive and threatening and he snatched the phone from my hand when I was showing him the photos.
I think 'I went in and complained to the "manager"' is sugar-coating your behaviour slightly. I was eating in Devran when you came in very aggressively and clearly looking to have a fight. The manager was trying to placate you, as you were shouting fairly loudly, when you looked around him and yelled into the kitchen 'Tell those dirty little b******* to clean it up!' at which point he understandably asked you to leave. I understand that you might be frustrated (although your last post - on this thread - about this was well over a year ago) but your behaviour was awful. Even if you had a valid point when going into Devran you let yourself down. It was hugely embarrassing and my 2.5 year old shouldn't have to witness behaviour and language like that. Leave it to the council.
Hahaha well you obviously missed the first bit where he snatched the phone out of my hands and the bit where he was being rude to me and also the bit round the back when his kitchen henchmen were being threatening to me! I wasn't looking for a fight I was looking to complain to them about their staff but he wouldn't listen and snatched the phone off me. I've had it with these people on so many occasions. I've also spoken to the actual manager about it before and been aggressively shoed away by him. I've left it to the council and it has got nowhere. I've been in touch with them via multiple methods and got nowhere. I was furious on Saturday but I stand by everything I said. Im sorry you were upset. Your two year old is going to see a lot worse living round here, believe me! You can think what you like, I certainly don't feel like I let myself down, nor my fellow residents. This issue needs tackling and it's a shame the council haven't got the balls to deal with these people. I've also just walked past in the past half hour and been jeered at by them on my way from the bus stop on the other side of the road.

Obviousky me being a woman these men think it is fine to shoe me away and not take me seriously. Had I been a bloke I'd have got a "sorry boss" and a handshake or something similar. And I tell you what, I'm not going to stop taking the photos and making the reports until something is done about this business. It's disgusting.
I saw the entire exchange.

You came storming in and thrust your phone in his face. You think he snatched your phone, I saw him trying to get your phone out of his face.

I completely agree that you have a right to ensure they aren't dumping their rubbish or causing a nuisance but I don't think you have the right to do it in the manner you did. I think you probably think the same as you were less than forthcoming about the actual exchange on this thread.

I am sure my child will see a lot worse here, but again, that's not an excuse for your behaviour.

I also disagree with your last comment about being a woman and not being taken seriously. You had your partner with you through this whole exchange and he was not offered a 'sorry boss' handshake either.
Haha no that's not what happened! I came in upset at the kitchen staff threatening me and showed him the photo on the phone of the rubbish piles at various times of the day. The "manager" was dismissing me and grabbed the phone from me and went to make off with it. I got it back. I've spoken to this person before (he isn't the manager) and he always dismisses me in a condescending manner. I make no apologies for not being a mousy little girl and begging for them to listen to me. My partner happened to be there with me. He wasn't the one making the complaint and as far as I know has had no other dealings with them. I wouldn't have expected nor wanted him to get involved, im perfectly capable of standing up for myself thank you. As I say your perception of events is wrong, and I need no excuse for my action on Saturday.br />
The reason I also didn't mention the heated exchange was I didn't want it to be an issue. It's bad enough having to deal with these people, I just wanted to stick to the points about the rubbish and the times I e complained.

Have you actually reported this to the Council?

Yes on many occasions last year. I got an email along lines of they were being monitored and warned but nobody at Devran seems to a. be aware of this or b. care. Thats why I started putting it on here.

I really have a problem with the fact they are using the street as their dumping ground and that door open directly onto the pavement must break several laws. I just do not understand why nothing is being done.

A few more from 09/12/16 that I forgot to post at the time

I can't get them all to upload at once or appear as photos, only links. Please could the moderators do that for me?

Attachments:
Attachments:
Attachments:
Attachments:

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service