Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Forgive me if there is already a Birds of Harringay thread (I'm struggling to find my way round all the Forum/Blog/Threads). 

On 13th June there were three parakeets in my garden (near Harringay station). First time ever in 30+ years. The only place I've spotted them locally before is Hampstead Heath. Has anyone else noticed similar activity? 

(This makes a nice change from writing about the recycling bins)

Tags for Forum Posts: parakeets

Views: 556

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a Stroud Greener and I've seen them in our garden, which backs on to the Parkland Walk, for the last 2 years. The first place I saw them locally was at Crouch Hill station, which made me think they probably migrated along the railway embankments from the Heath at Gospel Oak. Railway lines often serve as wildlife 'green corridors'. I understand they're a menace which elbows out native species (my dad hates them)...but they are pretty, aren't they?

Feel conflicted- always good to see something new although it is bit of concern about native species being driven out. We've had our first goldfinches passing through and greenfinches must have been nesting nearby. Nice!:-D

Yes,I live in Palmers green and we noticed them in our garden. It is not necessarily a good sign.............or is it?.

My husband thinks that they,originally may have been escaped pets and just multiplied over the last 5ish years.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service