Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lib Dems 28 : Labour 29

If Brian and the LDs reach an arrangement soon, and if he finishes all those Wightman Road jobs he's been promising for these past few years, say by April'May next, he and they will have my vote and many of my neighbours'.
I don't think the Lib Dems should be too precious about all this. He will make the perfect third councillor here in the west of the ward. I'm sure Brian would be much more at home here in Harringay Ward (where, of course, we can keep a closer eye on him) and why not let him continue with the Environment post? Meanwhile, if he can just research the possibilities of some Smart Green Buses which hover smoothly over those sinusoidal farthindren on WR we'll be in his debt forever.
Maybe Haley is being courted by the Tories, as Alan Dobbie was.
The Liberal Democrats approached Brian Haley, apparently, and I understand he refused to cross the floor. He says he is a committed Labour member, and he's still a member of the panel, up for selection anywhere in the west to fight a Labour ticket. What's wrong with that? There are lots of places to be selected.

All councillors should try to keep their promises or else explain why those promises can't be kept. Whatever their political background.
Thanks Julie. That's more info than the Journal could gather. If Haley doesn't get re-selected westside maybe other offers will become more tempting. Otherwise it's back out into the real world of work.
Oh well, if Brian doesn't want to take my advice . . . .
Haley’s comet flies out of Labour's orbit (Only the comments after the blog post provide any sense of balance. Not sure how appropriate it is to play this out as a race issue).

Lammy calls for probe into councillor deselections.
Oi! OBV have nicked that photo of Thompson playing the saxophone from here! One of the many wonderful Summer Parties we've had over the years at Fairland Park. That party was 2007 when Thompson was mayor.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Haley seemed happy enough when I saw him this week at North Harringay. He was there for a photo op with the kidz re Operation Clean up, or whatever it was called.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service