Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Remarkable what you can learn in an idle moment (of which I have a few) from Haringey People. Who would be without it?

It seems some L/D councillors have to be dragged kicking and screaming from their fortnightly surgeries. True, the Highgate trio seem a bit schizophrenic in laying themselves open to their public: on 1st & 3rd Saturdays they just manage 2 hours of surgery; on 2nd & 4th Saturdays they wield the scalpel for at least 26 hours.

Here in Harringay David's surgeries are wrapped up in a total of two hours over the 1st & 3rd Saturdays but Karen works on for a further 12 hours each session. David, is this fair and equal treatment? Karen, ease up - you're working too hard. Rebél!

Tags for Forum Posts: 11am-12noon, 11am-12pm

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well spotted OAE! Certainly not the only error in this edition of HP - has anyone picked up any more?
You mean you don't do 13-hour surgeries? Oh I'm badly disillusioned - have to reconsider my vote for 2014.
I wonder if page 19 might qualify? A harmonious borough is the title of a one-page story. Whether or not this is true, do we really need the local authority telling us that we're all happy – and by extension, there's no reason for complaint about the council!

The most galling aspect is that we pay for this attempt at brainwashing.

Almost every page contains evangelism: the middle double page spread: "Fit and well in Haringey". You are fit and well, understand? and so it goes on with Good News stories throughout. "Excellence", "Renaissance" "Commitment" ... feel better yet?!

It reminds me of the literature through the door from the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (no offence intended to UCKG members).

The few genuine pieces of information (as opposed to propaganda) could be paid for as public notices in the local press, assisting the genuine press and saving many hundreds of thousands of pounds per annum.

The council PR department should be chopped as a waste of our money.
Again, the H People hasn't (yet) been delivered to this end of Wightman. We average 2 a year.
I am unfortunate enough to have a copy delivered each month. Bet you're envious eh John? ;-)

Presumably the council thinks some people are impressed by their publication, but I am not one of them. The tone of HP is patronising, as if they expect we are so childish, gullible or retarded, that we will lap it all up. It seems to be aimed more at school children than rate payers.
Also I am surprised that Haringey Council managed to get its date of birth wrong - I thought it was 1965 when the two old boroughs of Hornsey and Wood Green where merged together!
and I'm surprised that you forgot to mention Tottenham which was actually the largest of the three constituent Boroughs..

I'm beginning to detect a trend of talking Tottenham out of everything.. You may not all like it.. but it's a fact of life and is part of Harringay's history..

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service