Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Not very Inspiring: local Labour Twitterers stick the tweetboot in to David Schmitz & Gorrie

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is really uncalled for. David and the rest of the LD team have been brilliant during the campaign. Whoever posted this should be ashamed of themselves. They ran a clean campaign and deserve some respect.
It wasn't completely clean. The muck raking about expenses was inaccurate and unnecessary.
Why is that considered to be sticking the boot in? Although the term "pseudo-Tory" might be an exaggeration, it refers to David Schmitz choice to devote a significant portion of his literature to Conservative endorsements. There is no intention to "stick the tweetboot in", I'm disappointed that Nora lost, but I am sure David Schmitz will do well as Councillor.
Both come across as ungracious and unnecessarily catty to me Pier - from what, locally, was the victorious group.
Not disappointed that Jonathan did not scrape in?
Well whatever, the two tweets above reflect a lot of what I observed last night from the Haringey Labour party. In general the winners, blessed by a terrified electorate, were even more immature arrogant and purile than I can be sometimes. Sheila Peacock's shriek and punch in the air, Joe Goldberg's demeanour, George Meehan's hands in the pockets schoolboy smugness and sadly for me the large grin on David Lammy's face (Labour did not do so well nationally David, sad?).

The poor and disenfranchised of Haringey got out of their frightened little terraces and voted Labour. They did not vote for you (and that is clear only in spilt voting as we had in Harringay). Don't forget them when you're making your deals and negotiating, your constituents do not sit at that table, you sit there for them.

Especially you David Lammy.
People will assume you're a lifelong Libdem, John. Would they be right?
Surely a gentleman never asks....

or to put it another way "what a man does in the comfort of his house is " etc etc etc.

Actually I am pretty upbeat about it at this moment. It looks like electoral reform is going to be high on the agenda in the current negotiations (cat fight?). And that has to be a good thing given the national vote.

Doesn't it?

I am a cynic (comes from being from the east end), but I do live in hope here.
It would be interesting to speculate what the situation would be today if say PR had been in operation. Does it mean permanent no overall majority ?
A POSSIBLE answer to your speculation John, at least on a national level, is here.
You're right about the question Mark. But in this instance, I only ask a question to which I know the answer and which John has shared on here already. Perhaps a clumsy way of making a point that in fact he's not. I'll let John make any further comment however.
"Real" ?

"News" ?

"All signs look like" ?

I think not.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service