Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I mentioned over on the Northern Ladder Traffic Reduction Proposal discussion that i'd ask the council what they thought, here is the response i've just received:

----

Unfortunately at present the proposal to reverse the one-way traffic flow of Falkland Road and to ban vehicles entering/exiting Frobisher Road is not possible. This is because the introduction of these measures may have potential adverse impact on the wider transport network. To understand the impact on the transport network the proposals would need to be considered as part of a more comprehensive technical traffic modelling exercise or temporarily implemented under a temporary traffic order to enable live examination of the impact. The latter is currently being undertaken on Hewit Road as part of the Green Lanes portfolio of schemes, which have allowed this proposal to be included as part of the schemes Statutory Notification process; this is now closed and there is not an available window for further Statutory Notification.

Nevertheless, we will keep this request on file for inclusion in future works programmes subject to securing the required funding.

I hope this has been helpful and please contact me should you require any further information.

Views: 1366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is still approx  50-100 houses on each half with potential car traffic.  I don't like the idea of turning traffic at all. The roads are too narrow, it will cause noise and frustrations and you would get drivers reversing up the road and all sorts of things.  Not condusive to a quieter road I think.  Now if the heavy and some of the through traffic could be eliminated by better main roads then that would be perfect :)

A further reply from the council about this saying that the Local Implementation Delivery Plan for 2014-2017 is presently being developed and a focus will be the area around Green Lanes between Frobisher Rd and Turnpike Lane and in particular the Frobisher/Alfoxton/Green Lanes junction. As part of that it may be possible to influence how its designed for traffic to use the area, and subject to funding approval studies and resident consultation will happen in May/June 2014.

And another reply:

--

The feasibility studies will model the existing movements at the junction of Green Lanes with West Green Road and Alfoxton Avenue/Frobisher Road with a view to providing improvements for pedestrians and cyclists. At this stage it is too early to say what is possible as we will need to gather baseline information regarding vehicle/pedestrian flows and model different scenarios to see what impact they have before developing details of what may be possible. It is highly unlikely however that any design will incorporate a closure of Frobisher Road. Although this measure would address your issue of through traffic intrusion, it would merely displace traffic onto other ladder roads already experiencing high levels of through traffic and therefore move rather than solve the issue.    

The feasibility studies for the junctions of Green Lanes with West Green Road and Alfoxton Avenue/Frobisher Road is programmed to commence in June 2014 and I am not in a position to speculate on what can be achieved until feasibility has been completed.

--

Humpf.

Leaving aside the point that that isn't quite true becuase at least some of the traffic would be displaced onto Turnpike Lane and Green Lanes, but there seems to be some double standards going on. If they think traffic will just be displaced then the Gardens bollards must have done that too, and the Hewit Rd change, whether thats the direction change or a No Right Turn out of it, will just displaced traffic to the roads nearby, so why is that being considered but this not?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service