Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey Council have recently (or not so recently see first few comments below) announced the establishment of the Development Management Forum to give people a greater say in planning decisions. They have issued a leaflet to explain how it will work. The following is an extract from the full leaflet (attached).

The council has established the Development Management Forum to facilitate the discussion of large-scale or contentious planning applications.

The forum does not reach a decision about an application. Its purpose is to allow participants to raise issues of concern and obtain answers to questions about the particular application. 

The aim is to allow early discussion by Councillors and members of the public on planning issues related to these planning applications and to explore the scope for agreement between all parties in a positive and constructive way prior to the later decision being made at the Planning Committee.

Forum meetings occur once the application has been made and before the Planning Committee meetings. They do not remove the opportunity for objectors, supporters and applicants to address the Planning Committee when an application is to be determined or the holding of exhibitions and or public meetings where these are considered appropriate.

A forum meeting will be held when either:

1. The Assistant Director of Planning and Regeneration, in consultation with the Chair of the Planning Committee, considers that a forum would be beneficial in resolving issues on a particular planning application; in these circumstances consultees on the planning application will be advised in the letter they receive seeking views on the planning application.

OR

2. When a petition requesting that the application be considered by a forum and signed by a least 25 signatories is submitted in response to consultation on large scale or contentious planning applications.

See the attached leaflet for more.

Views: 34

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This isn't new, we've had at least two of these re Wards Corner.

Listening would be new.

Well it says something that I've never heard of it, eh Pamish. I try to keep my ear to the ground and it's passed me by. What chance most folk?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service