Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I am happy to report that as of this this Monday a brand new Neapolitan & Italian restaurant has opened on Green Lanes - in front of Finsbury Park, just after Homebase, in the place where the (short lived) Vegetarian cafe/restaurant was a few months ago. 

I've just tried it for lunch today with husband and toddler and it was very nice. The young owners are very friendly and keen on giving locals genuine Italian food. 

I will write a longer review on the restaurant section soon but for the moment I just thought it would be nice to give some good news here - that there is now more variety than before on Green Lanes. We should probably make sure we support them - I think they have a chance of doing well as they offer something very different from anything else around here but of course locals need to go and eat there!

Views: 693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

went late last night. Just us and a big group of Italians in at 9.30pm. 

Lovely smoked mozzarella to start, then we both had a pasta dish followed by excellent tiramisu. Two starts, two mains, two desserts= £25 in total. Highly recommended

Thanks Germana

If you guys who've enjoyed it want to help the restaurant out, add your comments to the entry I've created for this place on Qype. I've also added it to HoL's Harringay Eatery directory on Qype.

For those of you 4Square, I also created an entry for it there the other day and have made a Twitter profile for them if they want it. (It's currently 'unofficial'). So, all they need is a facebook page now. ;o)

Great work, it's this kind of thing that will help them become a success. It would great if some one from Time Out could go and visit, look at Franco's in Brixton. Very excited about having a little gem on my doorstep. Once I'm better from my virus I will be down there for dinner! Mamma Mia! 
hey to everyone finally also the I BORBONI are on the Harringay on-line we are so grateful for the nice comments left about our cuisine , we got lots of idea to improve day by day our menu and our service , today for the people who would like to come for lunch or dinner we will offer you the famous PANZAROTTO potato crumble cocked authentic to our amazing chef Marcello
Another thumbs up from me. I really liked it; a limited menu done very well, and good service. Didn't try the mozzarella, will have to go back!
A little bit of Naples on Green Lanes - delicious pasta and espresso. Forza Napoli!
I always wondered who originally said 'See Naples and die' and what does it actually mean ?
I don't know who said it, but I always understood it to mean " Naples is so beautiful that you'll never see anything better in the rest of your life "

Vede Napoli e poi muore

but the Italians attribute it to Goethe on his travels when the Bourbons (I Borboni) ruled Napoli - or to Virgil - or to Tiberius Caesar.

In fact it was Silvio Berlusconi when he went to some teenager's birthday party a while back and found Naples sinking under rubbish because everyone was on strike.

Uurgh please let's not go there. Spare us Italians the shame of discussing that man on here. Unfortunately it's also something a bit more complex than strikes causing rubbish problems...but again let's leave that for now and focus on the beauty of Naples and its cuisine instead...!

On the "Vedi Napoli e poi muori" - there's also been a film and song by the same title...

Thanks, Germana. A beautiful clip. (and my grammar corrected too!)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service