Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I am happy to report that as of this this Monday a brand new Neapolitan & Italian restaurant has opened on Green Lanes - in front of Finsbury Park, just after Homebase, in the place where the (short lived) Vegetarian cafe/restaurant was a few months ago. 

I've just tried it for lunch today with husband and toddler and it was very nice. The young owners are very friendly and keen on giving locals genuine Italian food. 

I will write a longer review on the restaurant section soon but for the moment I just thought it would be nice to give some good news here - that there is now more variety than before on Green Lanes. We should probably make sure we support them - I think they have a chance of doing well as they offer something very different from anything else around here but of course locals need to go and eat there!

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great news! I like the simple menu but I could not see the potato croquets listed anywhere as in the photos.

It would be nice if they would cater for people who would like to take out a picinic box in the warmer months to Finsbury Park. At the monent the choice is not that great, maybe Yasar Hallim shop but its a bit of a trek up Green Lanes. Oh and just a tad more choice for us rabbit food eaters.

Brilliant idea about the outdoor catering. Do mention it to them. It's the sort of idea that can make all the difference to a small business surviving.

As for the croquettes, no they're not on the menu. They seem to do specials. On the day I went I guess it was a potatoey day - croquettes and pasta patata.

Does any one know the their phone number I want to book a table?
I don't think you'll have a problem getting a table. It's still quiet, even at weekends.
It's for 9 people!  I walked pass yesterday morning they were closed but looking through the window the place is very small.

Actually I went today for lunch but they said they've been very busy last night, almost full - and they have big birthday/group bookings for the next couple of days so perhaps worth calling beforehand. They gave me a card with 3 numbers:

07767252326, 07889901065 and 07850104180 (hopefully I typed them correctly!). 

oh, also I mentioned the idea of providing takeaways for people who would like to do picnics in the park and they said they are already able to to that.

We went today to try this out after all the postive reviews and weren't dissappointed.

The bairn loved his pasta and we had a few dishes with some potato croquettes thrown in for free....the bairn was also impressed with the free smarties for dessert ;-)

The guys are really lovely and friendly...I can see us returning again and again....

Good to meet you there too Germana!!!

Cheers

Yes, good to meet you too Iona!

This place is real gem. The food is quite fantastic. Authentic, Rustic humble, home cooking at it's finest.  The food was incredibly fresh with generous servings. I had the meatball which were devine and as was the pork chops, and the smoked mozzeralla mmmmmmm. The service was just right. Seriously folks you should try this place it is quite wonderful.  Thanks Germana for the numbers, it turned out that I did not require them as my wife wandered in and booked a table. It had lunch here with 7 of my family and my baby. we were well looked after by all the staff. I will definitely be visiting again as I feel as resident of Harringay I owe it to my self to make sure this wonderful little restaurant is success. Please please please folks visit the restaurant!!!!!!

How many days a week are they open & what are their opening hours? Thanks.
Hi Matt, I understand they are open very long hours, something like 7 am to 11 pm at least until they figure out what works best. I am not sure which day they are closed though.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service