Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This one will be on Conningsby - again a 'traditional' style.

Full application here.

Tags for Forum Posts: infill building

Views: 671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, skimmed it too fast. My only experience of Cllr Adamou was as one of the infill faces on the planning committee that nodded Grainger through. She did not ask one question in the whole four hours, so probably not too hot on planning issues.  Is she standing again?

'I dunno. Have never really understood the thankless appeal of being a local councillor!

£10k a year to start with, with no obligations to do anything? Then another £10k for each extra role. 

It's slightly more for the basic, Pam, £10,500 pa. Then goes up according to the Special Responsibility Allowances. All set out here.  It ranged through "Cabinet" councillors (An extra £23,622) to the Dear Leader. (An additional £31,497).

A few may also get allowances from other bodies - Such as the quango London Councils - which Haringey puts them on. Several years ago I suggested that these should all be listed and quickly accessible by residents. Naturally this wasn't done. We wouldn't want the public to get such information too easily. Let them practice their internet skills.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Is she standing again?

Oh she's standing OK.  It's a peculiar habit she has.  Harmless enough, I suppose - she doesn't bother us except once in four years.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service