Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello everyone - 

While the scrabble night is still very much in the works, I've gone ahead with developing something I am very passionate about -  a regular art night at Moka.

Since opening, we've become hyper-aware of the many local artists and people interested in art in the area and Kevin has given me permission to do something about it.

So we've 'founded' Wednesdays at Moka which will be for the foreseeable future every 2nd and 4th Wednesday at Moka on 5 Wightman Road. 

This will be a neighbourhood get together with a focus on art - whether it is music, film, fine art and/ or photography. 

I will be relying on donations from the pamphlets and wine we provide - my end of this is not for profit.

However, there is likely to be delicious Moka nibbles as well.

The first of these (hopefully many) nights will be held on the 11th of April.

The focus will be three surreal photographs by Avneet Padda, however there will be illustrations and film footage and writing all drawing inspiration and influence from these initial works.

I am very excited and hope to see both familiar and new faces from the neighbourhood.

If you have any questions or comments -  

Email mokawednesdays@gmail.com

Facebook Moka Wednesdays (have to search as username not confirmed)

Twitter @mokawednesdays

Views: 387

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds great ... and good luck!

However slightly away from your key point I'm very interested in the scrabble night when its up and running! Please do keep us posted on this as I'd be very keen to come along - and I'll bring my super competitive friend too :)

What time on wednesdays ?

LizzieC - please email clarekbogen@gmail.com so I can add your email to our mailing list. Will hopefully figure something in out in the next month.

John D - it will be April 11th 730-10 (and probably every second Wednesday of the month, same time)

hello,

i would love to create a drawing event, lets meet up!

@HaringeyArts sorry for the late reply. Please email me, Clare, at mokawednesdays@gmail.com It could definitely become a regular monthly thing as we're trying to fill up two Wednesdays of every month.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service