Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local resident and clinician Kim Holt, a whistleblower who raised concerns around understaffing and tried to improve services in local children's services before the tragic death of 'baby P', was suspended and has been left in limbo for the past three years at huge public expense. The BMA's website is calling for public support - see article below.

Medics rally round Baby P doctor
BMA News - 9 March 2010

Hundreds of NHS staff and patients have signed an online petition supporting the doctor who blew the whistle on the clinic that treated Baby P.

The petition has been launched to back London consultant community paediatrician Kim Holt who raised concerns about the management of children's services at St Ann's Hospital, Tottenham, where Baby P was subsequently seen.

The petition calls for Dr Holt, who is represented by the BMA, to be reinstated and for the government to explain why whistleblowers are treated so negatively.

The petition is here

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This post is about whistleblower Kim Holt, who raised concerns about children's services at St Ann's not the doctor who failed to spot the injuries to 'Baby P'
I have relations who are quacks, including a senior surgeon. He admitted to me that the medical profession does "close ranks" when there is criticism.

He criticised –internally – the performance of a fellow surgeon because the other's performance was so bad: a threat to patients. He was made to feel so uncomfortable that he felt obliged not only to give up his job at the hospital, but to sell up and with his family, move elsewhere.

How much worse does the medical profession treat those who have the temarity to go public?
Police, teachers, engineers, soldiers, politicians... #everyonesatit
From the link for the petition we have this though:-

"Great Ormond Street promised to implement the recommendations of the NHS London report, one of which was that Dr Holt had done nothing wrong and should be reinstated. This has not been done and while Dr Holt remains on "leave" at public expense, the hospital have readvertised her post."

We, the tax- payers, are picking up the tab because it seems that Great Ormond Street Hospital have reneged on their promises to implement the NHS London report. Naturally I do not wish for Dr. Holt to be made neither redundant, nor to be bought off. Her fortitude to stand by her principles is to be admired, whilst the actions of GOSH appear to be untenable.

I hope every fair-minded reader will be moved to sign the petition.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service