Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tags for Forum Posts: m&s, marks and spencer

Views: 3187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who's that then, Ian?

Excuse me while I put my slippers on and go on the thrice daily search for my spectacles.

Just look inside your M&S underwear..    What? Oh, spectacles..

I must admit M&S saved my Christmas a couple of years ago when Gatwick Airport flooded and after 8 hours there my flight was finally cancelled.  By the time I got home nothing was open except for M&S (this was when I lived near Euston) and I stocked up on red cabbage, salmon, and booze.  Spent Christmas Day at home alone eating and drinking.  I don't think that's quite how they expect their customers to spend Christmas though!

Cant say i ever liked the place. A good replacement maybe Waitrose with John Lewis would be much better than for example Tesco. Shopront is quite nice though.

Yeah - I thought the shop was run so badly it actually managed to lower the tone of the high street. Clothes always, always, always strewn on the floor right by the entrance, Kinda glad it's gone.

Shame about the really weird outlet cheap bit upstairs, but mostly for amusement value of witnessing a large collection of unimaginably poorly designed products.

Best thing about the place for me - you could scoot through the shop to the back door - a handy short cut on the way home, i'll miss that.  Yes plenty of cheap and not so cheap tat, much better stuff in the charity shops nearby.

My grandparents loved that back door, you could park round the back and nip in to get some decent M&S food, scout around on the high street then nip back using the back door for a trouble free shop.

Often with a vague feeling you are doing something naughty.

Always thought they should have had the food at least partly near the front, doubt many even knew it existed.

I reckon you could write an interesting thesis about the strategical errors they made in that shop.

I was stopped wheeling my push bike through to the back door once, was a bit discombobulating you had to make your way through the lingerie section to get to the food,

What is fascinating about the demise of M and S is the suggestion the quality was falling... have you actually compared their products with the rest of the cr*p on the high street? In any event it is all coming from the same sweat shops in the far east now. Get real - its the best that goes west today; the rest prosper and pay no taxes!

Too right, Richard.  It's bad enough when clothes are the victim of poor quality.  Try food, as we have it here in Hong Kong, and you'll understand my applause for the freshly grown UK fruit and veg imported by M & S.  I pay over the odds for American toilet paper because the China alternative has been found to contain a 'more than desirable' count of bacteria.  It's a pity M & S garments are made in the east but it's a global phenomenon, I'm afraid.  M & S clothes are the best of a bad lot.

TK Max killed them off. The idea of having 300 jumpers sitting in a pile all the same colour blue, is a complete failure to understand the expectations of the Internet generation.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service