Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tags for Forum Posts: m&s, marks and spencer

Views: 3235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who's that then, Ian?

Excuse me while I put my slippers on and go on the thrice daily search for my spectacles.

Just look inside your M&S underwear..    What? Oh, spectacles..

I must admit M&S saved my Christmas a couple of years ago when Gatwick Airport flooded and after 8 hours there my flight was finally cancelled.  By the time I got home nothing was open except for M&S (this was when I lived near Euston) and I stocked up on red cabbage, salmon, and booze.  Spent Christmas Day at home alone eating and drinking.  I don't think that's quite how they expect their customers to spend Christmas though!

Cant say i ever liked the place. A good replacement maybe Waitrose with John Lewis would be much better than for example Tesco. Shopront is quite nice though.

Best thing about the place for me - you could scoot through the shop to the back door - a handy short cut on the way home, i'll miss that.  Yes plenty of cheap and not so cheap tat, much better stuff in the charity shops nearby.

I was stopped wheeling my push bike through to the back door once, was a bit discombobulating you had to make your way through the lingerie section to get to the food,

What is fascinating about the demise of M and S is the suggestion the quality was falling... have you actually compared their products with the rest of the cr*p on the high street? In any event it is all coming from the same sweat shops in the far east now. Get real - its the best that goes west today; the rest prosper and pay no taxes!

Too right, Richard.  It's bad enough when clothes are the victim of poor quality.  Try food, as we have it here in Hong Kong, and you'll understand my applause for the freshly grown UK fruit and veg imported by M & S.  I pay over the odds for American toilet paper because the China alternative has been found to contain a 'more than desirable' count of bacteria.  It's a pity M & S garments are made in the east but it's a global phenomenon, I'm afraid.  M & S clothes are the best of a bad lot.

A slight exaggeration- and you do need stock in all the different sizes you know. It's irritating to find something you like but not in your size. Then we have the generalisation, as if using the internet (as we all do here) makes everybody the same. Some of us may be skinny hipsters, and perchance you speak for them, maybe you are one; some of us proud to be old gits- such as I. 

I've always found M&S flannel pyjamas and longjohns ideal for the internet. Their blue jumpers were just the job for communing with HOL types, pace FPR's expectations.

Ghastly places, MS, Primark and TK. In TK you might strike lucky but more likely you'll end up with something a size or two out. Buy something in Primark and after one wear or a wash it will be a different size anyway. If you want polyester pants and underwear then go to MS or Bhs. There was an awful smell in MS from the clothes which you also get in Primark, is that some solvent or chemical?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service