Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Finally we have Haringey Council confirming that it was indeed regeneration director Lyn Garner who made the 'war zone' comments about Tottenham.

The defence of the indefensible is that the comments are being taken out of context and in any case were ( - you have to admire Nick Walkley's cheek) "specifically related to the appearance of one area during major disruptive works".

Yet, because I wasn't there at a private meeting ( aka the bus tour for councillors) and because nobody present when the insult was made has complained, then he is refusing to take further action.

In his reply to my formal complaint Mr Walkley said:

'Please be assured that had such a statement been made in the context which your email asserts this would be a matter of concern to me - that however is not the case.'

Anyway, the truth is out and on-the-record.

http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2014-08-06-Tottenham-war-zone-co...

If the person leading on the regeneration of Tottenham is disparaging the area then how confident can people be that their views to not be bulldozed out of the way actually matters?

Views: 1798

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some people are so, so sensitive. ( sigh )

Yes, <sigh> pass the smelling salts when Denise Marshall posts a truthful comment on Facebook.

On the other hand, perhaps I'm being too hard on these delicate little flowers. After all, it must be  shocking when an elected local councillor records what was said and her feelings about it to her contacts. No script; no press release; no form of words approved by the party whips.

Worse. Inhaling just a little bit of fresh air and truth could  lead on to the stronger stuff.  People might develop a craving for accurate information. As we know, these things are addictive. Before long people may start meeting up to share reports; start demanding proper public meetings; access to background briefing papers. Really scary stuff.  I expect the sky will soon fall in, Chicken-licken.

Probably too scared after the grief Clive got from Emina after posting about Harringay.

Clive scared of meeee? perish the thought

Sometimes Clive gets it really wrong and sometimes he gets it really right. Its important to take challenges on the chin.

I only post things that I am 100% certain about and do my best not to speculate as its not fair on residents. I have no problem with posting questions that i have in my own mind and my own views on issues but do my utmost to not pass them off as facts untill I am certain.

Emina, you really need to read more carefully. I did not say Clive was scared of you.

John your sentence suggests I gave Clive grief

That doesn't mean he was scared of you.

My sentence suggests that Harringay councillors might be scared of commenting on Tottenham matters.

? Harringay is in Tottenham constituency

Oh come on Emine, you know that John's talking about Tottenham, not Tottenham Constituency, just as if he said Crouch End, he'd be talking about Crouch End not Hornsey & Wood Green. Everyday folk simply don't have cognitive maps that organise their geographies into voting blocks.

It was only a feeble joke anyway

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service