Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello Harringay,

A few weeks ago a good friend in the Conservatives asked me to run under their banner in the local elections and I didn't laugh right in his face.

My original excursion into politics was in 2001, when I joined the Conservatives because I was so angry about the Victoria Climbie thing but then I left them in 2005 because:

a) I got fed up of politics and

b) I got fed up of the Conservatives (mind you I was just as fed up of the other lot).

When, a few weeks ago, I was invited back to the treadmill, I wasn't any better disposed to the political life but there is so much sh*t going on in this borough that I decided I couldn't ignore it any more.  I don't fit that well into a Party mold but seeing as the Conservatives are the only group really serious about opposition in this borough and seeing as I am an Angry Old Woman, I decided that *someone* has to do something.  Don't talk to me about the LibDems. The place for nodding dogs is in the back of the car, not in the Council chamber.

*If you want to follow me on Twitter, the address is <@LoveHarringay>  

*If you want to get in touch with me by phone, leave a message with Tottenham Conservatives on 020 8374 6305.  I'll get back to you.  Or email loveharringay@gmail.com.

*If you want to discuss political theory, ring the LSE.  

And from now on, you can be as suspicious as you want about anything I say.  

btw:

I and my two running-mates, Sean Rivers and Massimo Rossini (NB--Rivers, Rivlin & Rossini make The Three Rs, which all good Conservatives support) will be putting out a leaflet soon.

The local party have agreed to let us write up our own stuff, so we are actually going to be working hard on it, ourselves.   At least take a look when it lands on your doormat.

Views: 10342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John

If you check the thread you will note the group was established on 12th February. The public meeting where this recommendation was made was prior to my post and confirmed in the minutes of the meeting. These minutes are publically available on Haringey Council's website. I was at the meeting and the recommendation was agreed to by officers and the Cabinet member.

Emine Ibrahim
Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

Your post was on 7th January when it was only a suggestion - "  Cllr Gina Adamou suggested this as the way forward to ensure that residents have a voice on the future of events in our park. "

Maybe Lydia could defuse this by editing her thread title to - ." .. I'm a Tory candidate now "

It was an agreed recommendation on the 6th of January and a matter of public record. "I am a Tory candidate for the forth time" would be fact :))

Hope that clear things up :)

Emine Ibrahim

Cameron took office and wanted to revamp the Party's "image".  He got a lot of blonde tottie in

Dear Harringay Electorate,

Am I the only voter among you who would heartily welcome a lot of blonde Tory tottie to the doorstepping torture routine I'm about to be subjected to over the coming 57 days and nights? 

Yours etc.

Voter-elect, bored and jaded by the quadrennial blandishments of Sirens from Aphrodite's Isle. 

Hello OAE, I was wondering where you were. Sorry I cannot oblige in the tottie category, or even (consistently) in the Tory category.  I might be induced to adopt the blonde if you insist.  As is said:  "Earth hath not anything to show more fair, than Aunty Ethel, since she bleached her hair..."

Hi OAE
Can you refrain from continuing to make offensive comments about mine and Gina's ethnicity. The island from which we originate is absolutely irrelevant to this debate. I was born in London so I am from the British Isles not that it's relevant. I am also bored of my ethnic origin being the subject of ridicule.

If you have ever heard me speak you will locate my birth place as firmly within the sound of the bow bells! :)

Emine Ibrahim

Moi, Emina! Ridicule?  Just an Homeric allusion to Book 13 of the Odyssey. I cannot think why you thought either Gina or your good self merited even a walk-on role in that epic.

But hark! Aunty Ethel's campaigning in poetry above. Can't see anyone in the present discussion getting a chance to govern in prose, though.

Too sensitive. Why don't you issue him with a harassment notice if you're really worried?

When will politicians learn that to get on here and "fight" with the rowdy element loses votes? Fight in the council chamber, not with residents you disagree with.

Errrm no John I won't be doing that simply requesting OAE stops referencing my origins in a derogatory way. If you consider this a fight I am not exactly sure whether the sensitive one is me or you.

It wasn't at all derogatory and the smart thing to do would have been to take it as a compliment.

I noticed it...'siren from Aphrodities isle?' I wouldn't have liked it either. Nor would I like to be referred to as Totty.

John, I quote you on, "It wasn't at all derogatory and the smart thing to do would have been to take it as a compliment."

Please, consider the feelings of others before you add your comments.  

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service