Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice, and an impartial view on whether I should continue to appeal a parking ticket.

I parked in the Finsbury Park CPZ on a Sunday afternoon at 4.10pm. The restictions state that there is no parking between 8.00am and 4.30pm on 'Event and Match Days'. I know this because before setting out I had checked the Haringey Council website. The page which gave these times also said to check another page to see whether events were taking place at Finsbury Park. I did this and it clearly stated that no events were taking place. (I have kept copies of both of these webpages). I also checked the Arsenal site and no game was on.

When I arrived I also checked a Pay and Display machine, which had a different set of times, stating that you should not park before 4pm. (I also have a photo of this!!).

I contested the ticket, including the evidence given above, and today received a rejection of my appeal. The rejection states that an event was taking place in Finsbury Park (Newroz?) and that the ticket was correctly issued. (There was a sign in the road giving a premium rate phoneline to check whether events were on, but as I had previously checked online this seemed pointless).

The rejection letter makes no mention of the misleading (wrong?) information from their website, which I provided them with. It also states that I believed the parking restriction ended at 4pm, when I clearly stated that this was the information on their pay and display machine!

Obviously I have a somewhat biased view on the matter and would appreciate an impartial view based on the evidence given. Any advice from anyone else who has contested a PCN would be very much appreciated.

Views: 1225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It'll be like knocking your head against a brick wall.

The whole Civil Enforcement Regime is the problem. It's completely one sided and seems to have been designed based on the naive assumption that authorities will behave irreproachably in a reasonable, fair and competent way. The system needs desperately to be reformed and should require Councils to pay compensation to those who win their appeals. At the moment the worst thing that can happen is that a charge notice might be unenforceable and they forego the fine. I think it would be better to write to Eric Pickles.

I've twice appealed successfully against PCNs (once in Haringey).  On both occasions I had produced all the evidence I could and the person hearing the appeal seemed favourably disposed.  It sounds as though you've got the evidence you need, so go for it.  Good luck.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service