Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I am not sure how aware you are of recent developments in relation to Liveable Crouch End so thought I would post a message as there is a consultation taking place which may impact on Wightman Road and the Harringay Ward generally. 
A new questionnaire has been launched by Haringey Council and one of the questions relates to the possibility of closing major roads such as The Broadway in Crouch End. 
If the Broadway closure were chosen as an option then the diverted traffic clearly would have a major impact on Wightman Road 
You may want to look at the questionnaire and the Liveable Crouch End website. 

From an FOI that I submitted to TFL I received the attached very basic traffic modelling information (with many assumptions)  which you may also find of interest. 
This  also shows the advantages and disadvantages of the different options.  Prior to the questionnaire being issued I had thought that these more radical options were not being considered, but as they are now being included and as Cllr Hearn (Haringey Cabinet Member leading on the scheme) is saying that TFL (the funder) will likely chose the  option put to them that is the most transformational then I think the option of Haringey closing major roads can’t be dismissed. 

Tags for Forum Posts: liveable crouch end, liveable neighbourhoods, traffic

Views: 1734

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I remember correctly, when Wightman Road was closed for the bridge replacement. The 'filter barriers'  were fitted with a type of lock that could be opened by the emergency services. As I understand it all road barriers for traffic management have this kind of arrangement and the emergency service always carry the correct "keys" for just such a situation.

Others may know better, and 'Duck Duck Go' is your friend.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service