Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi folks, as there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the neighborhood to meet any of the other LGBT locals, my partner Joe and I have been thinking about doing a low key social dinner & drinks evening at our place. Not sure if there would be much interest in this but if so, please drop me a line.

Would be great to get a weekly or monthly get-together going.

Any ideas or suggestions also welcome.

Cheers,

Cristo

Tags for Forum Posts: lgbt

Views: 2232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've only just come across this but I'd be interested in hearing about any future plans to meet.

Along similar lines to this, I'd be really interested to get to know other LGBT people with kids in the area.  We've got a three year old and a one year old and it would be good to meet some people with families like ours.  Does anyone else have a similar set-up?

We had a great evening at Cristo's supper club. I did say that I'd take a turn. With the bank holiday coming up what better excuse...

Having had such fun at Cristo's it will be a similar pop-up bistro format. 7pm for 7.30 sit-down, we're on the ladder. Get in touch for more details if you'd like to join us!

Monsieur Caché, you were a fantastic host and your French night was spot on: the food, the table cloth and the music were very much welcome after the stress of waiting for the results of the French presidential  elections. 

Thanks for all those who have signed up for Sunday - there are currenly 8 guests and I have room for 4 more dinners, so if you do fancy it the details are on www.cuisinecachee.com

SL

How did your supper club night go?

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say thank you very much to all those who came to the supper club last week. I wasn't expecting it to be such a great turnout. It would be really great to keep these dinner evenings going and I believe Steve London has been spurred on to start his own called www.cuisinecachee.com with one of our other dinner guests he met that night. I'm abroad at the moment but will be continuing to do our Clandestinos supper club on my return.  If anyone else is interested in signing up, please drop me a line.

Cheers from Rio!

Cristo

www.clandestinos.co.uk

Sounds like a good idea. I'd be happy to host a BBQ in my garden if I could get the numbers (15 people, max). How about a monthly pub night at the Garden Ladder (told it's very gay-friendly in there)?

Hi Justin, sounds good to me. The more people involved the better I think in order to keep the meet-ups going. I like the BBQ idea although for me personally, not so keen on the pub night. The supper club evenings were a real success and had a lot of positive feedback...I'm looking forward doing them again when I get back in town .

Hi Justin, sounds good to me. The more people involved the better I think in order to keep the meet-ups going. I like the BBQ idea although for me personally, not so keen on the pub night. The supper club evenings were a real success and had a lot of positive feedback...I'm looking forward doing them again when I get back in town .

The Garden Ladder is more than just 'Gay Friendly' i have been going there for years and and sexuality is no issue at all..It's certainly beter than so called Gay Bars in the area. I was in there the other evening and there were quite a few gay people in, both male & female. The ladder has hosted Civil Partnerships and all sorts of Gay shennanagins, with Cabaret, Drag and Pride Parties.

Good to hear this, never been to this pub but will give it a go soon. Thanks for the tip.

Would definitely be interested in coming along to such a gathering :-)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service