Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Your local Labour councillor Gina Adamou and the Labour Action Team have been campaigning to have the pavement in Lausanne Road replaced.

Working with Haringey Council, we are delighted to report that the pavement will be replaced. The work is scheduled to take place between 2nd December 2013 and 10th January 2014 though residents and businesses will be notified by Haringey Council, 7 - 10 days in advance of the specific date of the works.

Emine Ibrahim

The Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

Tags for Forum Posts: Harringay_ladder, Lausanne_road, community

Views: 2267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All the info is at the top of this thread.  It is happening now.

Thanks.  I misread it then - I thought the specific dates would be notified closer to the time but it would be some time during that period.

Hi all - if you live on Lasuanne Road I would like to invite you to a new group called Lausanne Road Residents

Secondly, I wrote to Frontline today to query why so much of the pavement is just being covered by a new layer of tarmac without removing the old tarmac.  I thought the pavement was being replaced and I can't imagine it lasting long and being properly levelled ensuring good drainage.  You wouldn't put plaster on top of old crumbling plaster.   I also wanted to find out how they intend to finish around the trees.  Sadly I got an email back saying that they would respond by 24 December and that was me addressing the email to the person who signed the flyers we received re the pavements.  I fear this is too late at the speed they are doing these pavements and I am wondering whether Haringey has been taken for a ride.  Has anyone got any understanding on this ie. am I worrying needlessly?

Hi Charlotte

I will ask Gina to enquire about this.

Emine Ibrahim
Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

Dear Charollte,

I have noticed this myself, and have accordingly put in a Member's Enquiry in which I have requested that the works be inspected whilst they are still ongoing.

Best,

David

Emina and David - thank you for the follow up.

Further to earlier clarification (above) about parking restrictions, I have been informed, with regard to the sections that are being worked on, that

"Parking is only prohibited directly in front of live sites and during our working hours (0800 to 1800).

Residents can park anywhere on the road outside our working hours."

As to the working days, these are Monday to Saturday. Sunday is a non working day. The Christmas Break is between  23/12/13 to 06/01/13.

On 1 December I emailed a councillor's Enquiry about general information available for Haringey residents about planned maintenance of roads and pavements. You can read my email here:

Today I had this reply from Mr Tony Kennedy, Group Manager, Sustainable Transport, Haringey Council.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 1:40 PM
Subject: Public information available to residents on street repair and renewal
Thank you for your enquiry regarding the discussion thread on Harringay Online regarding planned maintenance.

We have recently developed a webpage providing residents with information of how we identify our yearly Planned Maintenance programme with regards to footways and carriageways. The web page will be live by the end of the week and I have attached a draft of the web page for your information.

Haringey residents can now also view current and planned road works on an interactive map by searching for road works on our site. You can copy and paste the link below in a web browser for see the information available. 

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/environment_and_transport/roadsand...

With regards to the type of material used for footway i.e. tarmac or paving slabs, our general rule is to replace like for like when delivering maintenance work. The footway in Lausanne Road is made up of tarmac and it is being relayed in tarmac. Some parts of the footway in Lausanne Road  are being reconstructed because the base has failed. However, wherever the base is in good structural conditions we are providing an overlay onto the existing tarmac. The workmanship of the job has been inspected and it appears that the areas raised as concerns [ ... ] were uncompleted sections. We will snag the footway after completion and identify any unsatisfactory works.

Alan, thank you very much for this.  Given that Frontline has still not replied to me and that they have a 14 day turn around by their own admission (eventhough this was the contact details on their flyer) I was wondering whether you could provide me details of who will inspect snags.  The pavement in front of my house was done today and being tested with the current rain.  The water is not draining.  It took the paving guys several attempts and me a year of complaints to get this corrected last time the pavement was dug up in front of my house so I really want this "snag" dealt with before the contractors leave. Any guidance much appreciated.

Hi Charlotte,

From Tony Kennedy's email it's clear that they plan to snag completed sections.  So it makes good sense for your report about the lack of drainage to be passed on as soon as possible.

I've emailed Mr Kennedy this evening asking him for a contact person/number for residents to quickly send in observations of these "snagging" problems before the contractors move on.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Hi Charlotte,

In response to the member's enquiry which I made earlier and which I referred to above, I've been promised a reply by 30th December. In view of what you say, though, I've now asked for the substantive response to be expedited and I've mentioned the particular problem that you've identified.

Best,

David 

Alan and David thank you very much.  They don't have much left to do on Lausanne Road so it seems that they will be done before the of the week.  A red cross also appeared on "our" tree.  Anyone know what that means? 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service