Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi - last post from me on this.

Those of you who've been following this discussion will have seen that the proposed no right turn at the bottom of Hewit Road is not being proposed as a 'trial' and is indeed intended to be a permanent change. This is being done without a risk assessment, and with no clear idea what the impact is going to be on the surrounding area. A number of us have pointed out the obvious risk this poses to children to-ing and fro-ing from the two schools and children's centre on Pemberton Road - and the Council have finally admitted that they know there will be an increase to traffic on Pemberton Road, yet are still pressing ahead. 

If you feel strongly about this - then do take the time to make your feelings known. Previous experience has shown that if a significant number of objections are received - the council will take notice, as was the case the last time there was a proposed change to the area which clearly would have funnelled traffic past the schools and children's centre. 

So - if you want to object, then do so today/tomorrow.. you can do so by emailing traffic.orders@haringey.gov.uk quoting “Objection - Hewit Road No right turn‏” in the subject line. Deadline for comments is Friday 8th November.

Cheers,

Paul

Views: 1577

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't think you're correct there Andrew, however it seems pointless debating this now that the response time is closed, its our of our hands. Instead i'm going to focus on convincing Karen, the other councillors and everyone else that the northern Ladder changes are a good idea. You've been quite a vocal long time supporter of the Hewit changes Andrew, can the norther Ladder folk also expect to enjoy such support from you?

Ant, as someone so concerned about the supposed negative impact the no right turn on Hewit might cause, I find it strange that you are so in favour of changes to the northern ladder roads which will obviously impact the likes of Pemberton and others.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service