Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Lammy house hold are on the move. Several removal vans outside, all with parking tickets on of course. Maybe someone will be able to let us know if our MP is staying in Harringay or even Haringey. Could this be inspired by a need to be near a certain school? Surely not!

Tags for Forum Posts: david lammy

Views: 536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Iain Dale, well known conservative political gossip listens in on HOL; Iain Dale's Diary.

An unhappy resident of Tottenham reacts on the above blog to the Lammy move;

I live here and yes there are good parts and bad parts. I really think the Lammy should stay where he was elected because he claimed he was born and raised here and would do his bit for the people. Now he bails. The only things Lammy does are things that make him look good. Self promotion etc. He does not care about the people. Does nothing for anyone. Get shot of him. Lets get someone that cares.

Over at Lammy's own website we find a heartfelt speech from the MP for Tottenham about the housing crisis in Haringey. A flavour;

Housing impinges on life's many fundamentals, including health, security, education and employment opportunities. Good-quality, permanent housing can generate a sense of community. It is the difference between a building and a home. A real home defines a sense of self, family and personal stability. It allows people a life of dignity and, in a sense; it is that dignity that is at the core of this debate.

Despite all I have said, as someone who has grown up in Tottenham I feel compelled to tell my hon. Friends that there are many success stories to applaud in Tottenham, .... our schools are improving with nine schools out of special measures. Thankfully, we are a long way from the ugly scenes of the 1980s when anger burst onto our streets.

Clearly not improved enough if the recent move to Stroud Green is anything to go by.
You mean the Lib Dem who lives in the "heart of Tottenham" (Falkland Rd)? (-D
Who's the tory candidate? If my memory serves me correctly he's only just moved into Tottenham or would that be Stamford Hill?
I thought he'd just got as far as Dalston.
What a collection of last-minute blow-ins, carpet-baggers and cross-dressers - reduced to plagiarising the Whigs' slogans!
At least, Justin, you've been around for a while.
you should stop looking at libdems.org (-D
Dalston; so another one up for election who doesn't believe in living where the voter's heart is. Oh dear. Thanks OAE.
Did Thatcher ever live in Finchley?
Did Churchill ever live in Woodford?
Did Harold Wilson live in Liverpool..?

no, no and no.. and it didn't make them any less bad at being MP's..

I find this discussion rather petty and tiring..
Apostrophes seem to be in the wrong places everywhere on this thread. Grrrr!
To my knowledge, Major/Blair/Brown all had/have homes in the constituency, but you cannot compare a 'normal' MP with being PM!
They were PMs foremost (although they were MPs) . PM's are expected to live and work out of Downing Street as that is the Whitehall hub.

I would also expect MPs to work within their hub; their constituency and of course a base in London for Parliament should it be needed unlike Lammy or Eric Pickles.

You may think it's petty, I don't.You need to lead by example and show support and trust in your constituency.
That's my point, Birdy_too

Sean isn't an MP yet. If he's elected he'll live and commute from here

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service