Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

COMMENT: ‘Tottenham’s GP shortage is deeply worrying - but there is...  in the Journal, and xref on his Facebook page

Both are open for comments.  As he's not popped up in the discussion about politicians using HoL for ideas exchange, I thought I'd give you all this chance to correspond with him.

[My comments on his FB seem to mysteriously disappear quite often though]

Tags for Forum Posts: GP, health, lammy

Views: 545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe bump up the salaries? 

They don't have salaries, they are self-employed (PRIVATE!!!)  which gets a bit forgotten in the mess  re NHS.  I guess they could increase the amount per client or customer or whatever we're called now, but then everyone would want some. 

Provide free accommodation?

Of course, this is also the classic example of why it's important to focus on bringing in more of the apparently 'trivial' things that make areas attractive places to live and work in order to keep them ticking over on a more fundamental level.

But you missed that one of the Kool-Aid flavour sensations.  All these 'regeneration' schemes are stuffed full of extras, haven't you seen the pictures of eg the pocket parks?

I'm not saying anyone's got it right. But fundamentally isn't this about the importance of areas being nice places to live and work? It seems hard to deny that where this doesn't happen, local services suffer terribly. This is always the bottom line. 

Buggered if I know how that's magically achieved, though. 

The intangibles ad value within our communities, together with access to schools, transport and good health offerings, have an all round impact.
Great for our MP to raise the chronic lack of funding available to our NHS trusts, this can only be applauded, I hope he will go a step further to call for the halt of the St Ann's sell off in his own constituency, this could be an amazing legacy for Labour, that won't be forgotten at the ballot box.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service