Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've just had a new stair carpet fitted and every time we walk up and down, the sharp points of the gripper rod stab our feet through the carpet - even ripping a hole in my sock yesterday. I've called the company who fitted it, and they say this is 'normal' but it doesn't seem right to me - I keep trying to bang in the spikes with a hammer, but I imagine the problem will get worse not better as the carpet flattens down. Has anyone else experienced this - I can't remember it being an issue when the last carpet was laid 20 years ago?

Views: 2206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a carpet expert, but if it's their type of normal, it's not a normal I'd want to live with. It sounds absolutely wrong and I'd demand a fix.

I would expect the gripper rods to be in the angle between the tread and the riser so it would be odd if your feet contacted them.

We had new carpet fitted recently (Harringay Flooring, who were great), and ours is safe and sound. Have you read through your consumer rights? The carpet sounds like it is unsafe (the legal definition relates to whether it could cause injury). Citizens advice have some useful guides online.

It was Harringay Flooring who fitted it and told me it was normal to feel the points.

No I think the carpet before was just stuck down, so they fitted new grippers.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service