Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I discovered 'maghreb' in the wood green food court the other day and I've got to say the food is amazing. I had a chicken Tagine , it was seriously good. Also it's a lovely family run restaurant right in the back corner of the food court. You must give it a go.

They also sell some very rare oil which apparently is amazing for your skin, lots of info on the tables about it.

Enjoy. :)

Views: 1716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We met HoL member Latefa Guemar who recommended this Algerian place.  But didn't tell us exactly where it was so we missed it the last time wee were in Wood Green. Latefa is originally from Algeria herself !

Argan Oil is very good for your skin,  in fact

What's the secret?  Does extracting it harm the little argans?

I have no idea Alan.The oil is from the Moroccan Atlas and surprisingly, we cannot find it in anywhere else  in the Maghreb.

Have anice day 

It seems buying the oil has large social and environmental benefits as the tree's are now protected and beginning to be grown more, which protects the local area's from desertification due to the deep roots and supports a large number of woman's co-operatives and this has helped the co-operative movement in morocco because of the recent success of them ( which has in turn increased the social standing women in the area ) all helped because the oil now is being used in many of the expensive skin creams.

Apparently it helps minimise wrinkles or flaky skin or acne and also reduces pain of Rheumatism.

Try "Mhadjeb " next time, delicious and very Algerian.

Enjoy

Latefa 

Mmmm, will do. X

Argan Oil is a saviour for my skin! I absolutely love it!

Where is the best place to buy it, Latefa?

To be honest, I got mine at Holland& Barrets Dr Organic produts. They have it on different form. The one at the Maghreb is too expensive for me:((  

There are cheap offers online, but I guess you might not be getting the real thing.

Maddy I have bought the organic one by Melvita in the past:

http://uk.melvita.com/argan-oil-organic-certified,8,1,4949,89200.htm

at £22 for 50ml it is mega-expensive but it goes a looooong way and it's absolutely fabulous, I use it for both skin and hair, preferably in an emulsion with some rose water for extra hydration.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service