Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Duguneek added this comment over on another discussion. Thought it was worthy of it's own discussion:

I feel that the Planning system is pitched in favour of the developers and that if local people object or support their proposals, they have to work very hard to have their voice heard. Haringey has a large transient community that rely on those that live here for longer than them, to ensure the area is maintained to a high standard, as well as long-standing residents.

Is the Planning system in need of an overhaul, so that residents are involved truly in decision-making, rather than 'consulted' (which has become a euphemism for 'rubber-stamped')?

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Hugh for posting my previous comment and to everyone who has given such thoughtful replies. Your replies are very informative and I guess its better to know the reality, instead of hoping things are what they aint.

At least we know we're living in the world of the free market, dog eat dog. I think its about the small people up against the big fat cats, and unfortunately those that we elect to represent us don't always seem to have our best interests at heart. We should remember them when it comes to the next local elections.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service