Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Clearly not!

I was at drinks recently for a valued council worker who has been working tirelessly engaging with local community groups.

Mention of HoL brought out this reaction of labelling HoL as 'the devil'.

To say I was surprised is of course an understatement and I suggested engagement with HoL would be the best course of action.

However this is of some concern because whilst HoL does have some engagement with councillors & members of the local MP's office it would be useful if council officers felt more comfortable with engaging with HoL. Certainly the dissemination of council information on services and consultations (for example) are important.

Council officers normally have a clearer, more accurate and more up to date understanding of what is happening within their service area. Maybe HoL does need to look at how it can encourage more conversation and flow of information from the council. It would save certain HoL members considerable time in having to track down information themselves to then post on HoL.

The above can probably only happen however if the council loosens it grip on its employees with regards to controlling information flow and community engagement. Releasing information to the wider community via the council's website or Haringey People magazine is probably not enough.

Linking through to community groups and forums as proposed in the council's draft Community Engagement Framework may help to improve information flow between groups such as HoL and the council.

Let's hope so because 'the devil' HoL certainly ain't!

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very wise.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service