Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Has anyone been having problems accessing the internet or phonecalls on Hewitt Road since yesterday? Some of us think something's happened to the BT lines. Not sure if virgin media customers are affected or not.

Tags for Forum Posts: broadband, bt, phone service

Views: 808

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cara - I'm the same phone back working but still no internet. Contacted them again and just got engineer had fixed problem, so BT would need to look into it further. It's really frustrating! 

Martha - I'm not at home at the mo, so don't know if it's fixed. Is your internet back on?

Not sure either as currently at work.

If anyone else is still without and is on Twitter, @btcare (oh the irony) is worth bashing - I intend to do so all day.

From @btcare on Twitter:

The engineers are still working on this. A cable with 1200 lines was cut & they are currently connecting each customer back up.

Update for anyone who has been involved in this mess. If you think you are 'fixed' check your line by dialing it from a mobile. We thought our phone was back on (although broadband wasn't). I spent an hour on the phone to the perplexed people at BT who couldn't understand why the phone was working and broadband not...

Then the phone started ringing, several times in the space of 10 minutes with someone adamant that they are not dialing my number but a 341 number.

So after a lengthy conversation with the person adamant I must be wrong - er, I don't think so, I live here, I answered the phone.

So back on the phone to BT, now we have a crossed line and the fault with our line and broadband remains.

It was reported Thursday afternoon and I was told the maximum amount of time it would take to fix was by 5pm this evening, now they are saying possibly another 3 days and they won't refund the calls I've had to make using my mobile.

My grandfather is 90 years old and suffering severe dementia, he lives up North and my grandmother would have no idea how to call a mobile in an emergency. I'm really losing patience now.

Anyone got any ideas how to get some action?

Cara - unfortunately this sounds very familiar! I spoke to BT thus evening at about 7.00 and was told that my broadband would definitely be back later thus pm or tomorrow morning. About 8.00 phone rang with wrong number and then kept ringing. Uuurrgghh!!

Oh nooooo. Is it wrong that I'm a little bit glad it's not just me?

It is getting beyond a joke now.

Now they are saying tomorrow eve and refusing to refund me for calls made on my mobile (because my landline doesn't work) even though you stay on hold for 15 minutes before you even get to speak to a person who can give you a call back.

I am behind on work, have court tomorrow for my divorce and fear there is only so long I can be polite to these people.

This is so bizarre. Is it possible that they have fixed the main fault which has allowed people like me to get sorted out by their (non BT) Internet and phone providers while they then let their own customers down? Or am I being totally cynical? Are other BT customers sorted out?

Wow - what a mess! They've obviously cross connected a number of lines when repairing the cable. If they only do a telephony line test they could think that you are back in service, when in fact your line (+bband) is actually connected somewhere else. You really have my sympathy. BT Customer Services can be absolutely maddening. I think you need to try as hard as possible to be polite, -presumably you've asked them to call back on your landline number & they agree that you are connected to the wrong number ? As other people have been connected back ok, it is inconceivable that it would take another 3 days to fix. More like 12 hours max. It is just a question of getting a jointing engineer to go back & do the job properly.  

Alison, no it would be Openreach engineers that do the work in trenches to fix cables. It has nothing to do with BT favouring any provider. I get phone & BBand from BT & the fault on mine is sorted.

We have been without phone & broadband since Thursday and still are.
Our phone provider, Talk (not to be confused with Talk Talk but an arm of
Southern Electric) have been useless & BT won't give us any info as we are
 not one of their (unlucky) customers. Talk were supposed to phone us with
updates but never have. Tonight my wife phoned & spoke to the first helpful
Talk person. They said BT and the Openreach repair people informed them
that it wasn't a case of cable being cut; instead, the copper cable(s) had been
stolen! I know metal theft is booming at present ...
Anyway they said they'd get back to us as soon as they had an idea of how
much longer we would have to wait but my patience has been exhausted long ago.
Like others, I am trying to run a business (I'm a writer and sole trader)
and this couldn't have come at a worse time. I have a book to finish to an imminent
deadline for the Natural History Museum and have had to access online journals
 at libraries and also I have a talk to plan and give at the London Wildlife Bird Watch event
on Friday so had to download images at a friend's house.
I will be changing my phone provider to the excellent Zen,
who have given me great (albeit pricey) service for
many years and win the Which award every year.
I really think we need to get together to protest & 
claim compensation from our providers and BT.
My commiserations to anyone else who is still 
without service ...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service