Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi

Just for your information, my sister-in-law was walking up our road from Green Lanes, when 3 young people that were sitting on the low walls outside our house (where the roads narow) attacked her, one coming up from behind, pushing her over, and kicking her and attempting to take her bag. 

Obviously very shocking and unsettling for her, and she is battered and bruised and scared.

I do often look outside suspiciously at people that hang around on these walls, but this is almost the first time that I have ever known of something happening in 15 years,  So I do not want to make people paranoid, but, if you live on the ladder in the same sort of place that I do, be aware.  The wider pavement and the low wall makes this a common area to hang around, and the nearness of Harringay Passage makes for an easy escape route for any criminals.  And the opportunists that attacked her again may choose a similar spot on one of the other roads on the ladder to smoke, drink and look out for victims

Also, to my shame, I heard her crying out, just outside our house, but thought it was just kids mucking around, So, I suppose, even if it is jt looking through the curtain, please do not ignore cries which may be for help.  You might be able to help someone.

Also, my sister-in-law got no idea of their appearance, although I knocked on some doors, and a neighbour's daughter did see them and is giving a description to the police.  There were 3 of them she said they looked about 15, and were obviously looking for trouble, and she thought she heard them smashing bottles, which they must have been doing as there is lots of broken glass there. 

The police came by car in a matter of minutes.  They did not look much older than 15 themselves to me, but they drove my sister-in-law around to see if they could recognise anyone hanging around.

Anyway, if any of you did see anything this evening, or have anything useful to tell the police, do please get in touch.

Thanks

Richard

Tags for Forum Posts: crime

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Richard

I've just seen the details of the incident you reported on HOL as I've just reported an incident that happened to my daughter and her friend the other night. I'm very sorry to hear that a similar incident happened to your sister-in-law. I was curious to know whether the attackers were male or female as you don't say. Please let me know.

Thanks

Melanie

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service