Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello Guys, 

Can someone make some sense of this because its really stressing me out. This is a link to and Iceland Chinese ready meal: 

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland-oriental-steak-in-blackbean-...

(you may have to copy and paste it into your browser i don't think the link is working) 

I count my calories most days and when i want a low calorie Chinese i buy it from Iceland as the Iceland Oriental steak in blackbean sauce (400g) claims to have 328 calories per meal microwaved as stated on the packet. The same packet also states that per 100g there is 88 calories. 

So if 100g is 88 calories and the packet contains 400g then: 4x88= 352 calories 

so why does the 400g meal say there are 328 calories per meal? when my calculations based on 100g being 88 calories as stated on the packet shows that there are in fact 352 calories?

This is not the only ready meal they sell were i have noticed this. 

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did think of this but only water is evaporated and that has 0 calories in it 

sorry - i misunderstood you the first time round... yes - this could be the reason however all the other meals i have bought so far ( including other Iceland meals) that have per 100g and per packet calorie counts on them seem to add up to the same amount so thats why i think this may not be the explanation as if it was surely it should be for all the meals they sell and not just a few. 

But I'm guessing the other meals aren't steak - which loses a lot of weight when you cook it.  Try weighing it after cooking?

Also stop counting calories!  Just eat real food (whole foods, unrefined grains, lots of fruit & veg), weigh yourself, if you're gaining weight eat less and if you're losing weight keep doing what you're doing (if you want to lose weight) or eat more (if you're trying to gain weight).

Since it's going to be a rough estimate anyway, 24 calories is neither here nor there - but it is annoyingly illogical!

Yes - Its not the 24 calories that have annoyed me its just the contradiction that has annoyed me and also the fact that there estimate of 328 or 352 calories may be wrong - it seems a bit low for what the meal contains 

More important - how much MSG ? How much salt ?

PS. It sounds as if you have a very low tolerance of stress

haha most certainly when it comes to calories! and the salt level is quite high but to be honest i don't really look at this - just the calories... probably should start looking at salt/sugar levels in foods too as these microwave meals contain high amounts! 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service