Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

In 2010, HoL put in a lot of work to try and ensure that local people were as well informed as possible about the views of candidates in all of Harringay's three wards. We don't have the same amount if time available this year, so I've been working alongside the indefatigable Adam Coffman and the Friends of Harringay Passage putting together a hustings. This time round we're just going to focus on Harringay ward. If this works, we may expand to other wards in the future.

We're delighted to have Richard Godwin, Evening Standard journalist and local resident as Chair. Thank you Richard. We have invited one candidate from each of the Conservative, Green, Labour, Lib Dem and TUSC parties. 

The hustings will take place at North Harringay School between 7 and 9 PM on Tuesday 13th May. We're going to look at the practicality of a live interactive broadcast.

More soon.

Views: 1285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd argue that every neighbourhood can benefit from an improved communication infrastructure. HoL is primarily focussed on Harringay and wouldn't work in the same way if stretched to Tottenham or Crouch End. I helped set up Bowes and Bounds with funding I brought to Haringey from DCLG. I think that's a great site. Elsewhere in the borough others have built sites modelled on HoL. Amongst those is Tottenham Life. Have you discovered that yet?

Thanks for this Hugh, I hadn't heard of Tottenham life before. Will check it out.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service