Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Got any tales you'd care to share about how one of your councillors has really impressed you? And to make sure we're not accused of lack of balance we'd also like to get any stories of how a councillor might have disappointed you.

Tags for Forum Posts: 2010 local elections, Wightman Road

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This morning I got another response on the paving, presumably after the FOI. You can view it in the original post here:

http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/wightmanalroy-traffic-c...
As promised, the FOI. Haven't had chance to read it, just come in:

Freedom of Information Request

Thank you for your email dated 18 March 2010.

Please find below the information requested.

I have attached the links from the Haringey Council website for the documents you require. The minutes from the cabinet meeting on the 24 March 2009 (http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.Asp?CId=118&...), please click on Printed Minutes and see item CAB 155. This is the meeting where approval of the Highway Works Plan for 2009/10 was granted by the Cabinet.

I have also attached the link for the Highway Works Plan for 2009/10 (http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/ieDecisionDetails.asp?ID=684). See accompanying documents link at the bottom of the webpage.
MAKING THE DIFFERENCE - to the FOOTWAYS tune of £84,000

The road to hell may be paved with good intentions - the Effingham Mayoral Highway Footways with slabs of gold.

Colin, I can't find the planned expenditure for the actual road resurfacing which, Cllr Adamou tells us, is what she really really really wanted before Cllr Haley twisted her arm into unwillingly agreeing to those deluxe footways. (Up on Raleigh Road Queen Elizabeth I would have been happy to have her admirer's cloak laid down for her, but not our former Mayor.)

Haringey's planned expenditure on Footway Relaying for 2009/10 was £2million (of its £9million 'Road to Improvement' programme, consulted on in Aug-Sept 2007).

At Effingham Footways £84K standards, that £2million would have sufficed for the pavements of the 23 roads from Endymion to Turnpike Lane, with a paltry £68K left over for Alroy, Wightman and (of course) the rest of Haringey Borough. As you say, only Lothair Sth seems to have risen to Mayoral standards.

I feel a bit personal about all this. So, too, my 25-30 neighbours who specially demanded Pavement Relaying in that 2007 'Consultation'. Road to Improvement indeed! They'll still be waiting for even a messy bit of bitmac when the 2014 elections come around.

This glaring, unexplained expenditure alone seems good enough reason for me (and, I hope, my disillusioned Wightman neighbours) to vote 'NOT LABOUR - NOT ADAMOU' on May 6th.
Well OAE this is now buried at the bottom of an unrelated thread. I call upon site-admin to open up a new thread and move this FOI/Mayoral Road nonsense to it.

Bets on the HJ or HI picking up this story? I thought not.
Right, John. Buried but not unrelated. As a tale of how my Councillor has disappointed me, footling little footways of Effingham are no more than a footnote to disappointments trailing back to May 1999 or Jan 2002. Just the final straw.
I started looking thro the minutes and lost track of time as I am supposed to be looking for a job! Appreciate your comments. Hopefully you can push this point as I really have to focus on the job hunt.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service