Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A few months ago a house on our road was rented out and rapidly went downhill with noisy comings and going at night, the appearance of the house has deteriorated with huge amounts of overflowing rubbish and a hedge gone berserk [ a minor point]. A number of my neighbours reported that they had learnt that the house was being used as a brothel [borne out by the contents of burst rubbish bags - yuck]. The house was 'visited ' by the police but nothing more seems to have happened.

The situation has got worse with cars pulling up in the early hours and groups of men going in - even to the point where we were woken up by someone ringing our doorbell at 3 in the morning and 3 men saying "we pay for girls" and not leaving until i threatened to call the police. I reported it to the police [ called 101] but I suspect it was just added to 'information received'. The house now has a broken door and 2 broken windows after an incident in the early hours a couple of days ago.

The men who hang around the place are not open to polite enquiries and are quite intimidating. This, with the general seediness of the whole operation [ not to mention the likely abuse / exploitation of the women involved] leaves many of us on the road feeling both angry and powerless at the situation.

Suggestions on a postcard? Seriously any ideas whom to approach?

David

Views: 1484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK thanks

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service