Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

My 6-year old found this needlework near to Hornsey station. I'm especially fond of the uncovered needle covered in blood. Yum! 

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you reported it? Use this link.

Yes. I have been assured it will be cleaned up today.

In case it becomes a regular haunt - it was on hampden road, opposite the mosque on the bridge over the new river

I've found those in my front garden in Lausanne Rd, minus the plastic covering on the needle and at the top of a big pile of leaves I had just scooped up with my bare hands. The thing that offends me so much here is the littering, not the drug use.

Gone now.

In spite of the warning on the Haringey website, I'd rather do something myself than risk some other child getting infected while waiting for Haringey to turn up.

Thanks John. 

Athough a noble response - as someone who has worked with the homeless for many years...I think the balance of risk is lessened a) by letting a professional taking care of it and b) allowing data to be collected as to where usage occurs.

Still it's good to see people talking about the real issues.

Please don't say you just put them in the rubbish bin. The plastic there will not be good enough to stop the needle's sharp point. 

No. I left it on the doorstep of one of the HOL apologists for drug use

There seems to be plenty of US / Aus / Canada info on sharps disposal on the web, but little from the UK. Here's a leaflet on community sharps disposal from the USA. Would it be worth one of our councillors championing getting something like this for Haringey?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service