Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tags for Forum Posts: 999_call, brian_coleman, lynne_featherstone

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Call me cynical but I wonder if she'd been have called dizzy if she was a he.
after posting this i thought perhaps I should i pull it, only because of the reputation of Brian Coleman who made these comments. he has openly criticised anything to do with Haringey and is famous for speaking without engaging his brain. See more on Coleman here and here

he also had the highest taxi bill of all the Greater London Assembly members in 07-08 and was banned from driving for amassing 12 points on his license
Yes you should but mainly because this is a non-story.

It is also important, as the London Fire Brigade says, that people do not hesitate in calling either the LFB or The National Grid Emergency service if they feel something is urgently wrong with their gas services (including boilers).
Lynne Featherstone felt scared and vulnerable for herself and her daughters. She took no chances and called the Fire Brigade. They assured her that she and her family (and presumably the next-door-neighbours?) were safe and that she had done the right thing to call them. Lynne later blogged to thank them for coming. That seems generous and positive to me.

So why couldn't Brian Coleman just leave well alone? Because she is a LibDem MP and everything now has to be reduced to party point-scoring.
Alan, you're probably right about the party political point scoring. In theory Brian Coleman was right about the opportunity cost (i.e. that fire engine and crew were not available for something else) but in practice, the risk was not high, as the number of fires has fallen significantly over the last 10 or 20 years. The crew may have been happy for the practice.

There is another less PC aspect of the MP-noisy-boller case: at the risk creating too much excitement, I suggest that there is a sexual aspect that most have overlooked or are too polite to mention. I would like to think that most blokes would have spotted the source of the problem early on. I'm not saying a hammer airlock wouldn't be alarming – I'm sure it was. But certainly I would not be able to hold my head up in the White Lion if I admitted to calling the fire brigade over a plumbing issue.

I note that Lynne choose to describe the members of the fire service as fire-fighters, rather than firemen. Her heroes who offered reassurance were doubtless three big burly uniformed men. Ms Featherstone is a hard-working MP and may well have had her mind on things other than plumbing hardware.

Now before some Sheilas get their knickers in a twist, I have to report that in this context today, one female did admit in a candid moment, that a male perspective on things is sometimes valuable!
clive have you ever heard of freudism ?
be careful where you tread.
Have you been on the turps Clive?
Had she?
any news on haringey (since baby P) is in the "what they been up to now" category for the third estate.
part of colemans strategy is the old "i know she isn't an air head but let her deny it" mud fling.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service