Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

When are the police going to take action on law-breaking cyclists?

Twice today, within the space of half an hour, I turned (in my car, so of course it was probably my fault) into one of the one-way Ladder roads and was nearly hit by a cyclist going the wrong way. Then I get shouted at by the cyclist who thinks it's my fault that he's stupid.

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road, cycling

Views: 342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Before the roads of Britain were given over in their entirety to the motorcar... you would have been able to step out onto the road without the expectation of being hit by a car. Pedestrians should be safer crossing roads. It just sucks that we blame them when someone in a car runs into them and kills them, do we really need to travel that fast in London?
See CTC Training for cyclists.
I'll invite any one of the cyclists here to join me in my daily drive to sunny Acton to see the how many siucidal cyclists there are out in the mornings and afternoons. It's absolutely terrifying being a driver and trying to read these people's minds. I see, on a daily basis: No hands down Camden Road. In rush hour. On the phone, shooting 2 red lights, Regents Park, on the back wheel up Green Lanes, and numerous cases of cutting up cars (never a good idea to assume someone can stop, always make sure you have a safe distance!), causing people to hit the brakes to avoid a murder charge, trying to undertake when the car is clearly indicating and is 1/3 in to the turn, and then shout when they nearly get squished like a bug. Never assume people use mirrors. Luckily for a few people, I do. I can see how lorries can easily kill an impatient cyclist.

Until cyclists take some resposibility for their own safety, how can we?
All day I have listened to cars zooming down my street at much more than 20mph. Why on earth do we tolerate that while at the same time getting stuck into cyclists?
What's that got to do with the price of fish???
Annette, you are my damsell in shinning armour, I was getting jumped by these beatnik types : )

Can I have no more than one road related grievance John

Never drinking porter again by the way.
Yup, that Porter stuff is a hell drink. Thanks John!
Anyone who drives a scooter has my vote! :D
who is tolerating speeding on residential roads? im confused.
Lets do a camera comparison - you film your journey by car and John and I will film ours on bikes using headcams and then we will really see what the reality is for drivers and cyclists on London's streets.
I think we have enough characters involved in this argument to have a production company take up the challenge to film this for you and sell it to ITV/the Beeb. Que an opening sequence of Birdy scootering up to cycling John at the Sainsbury's lights ..... with a little green 2CV honking at both to get out of the way!

Pan across to an officious looking Coffman standing on the pavement scribbling furiously onto his clip board.

John D esq will be seen sitting quietly at Costas on the hill with a cup-o-tea looking down on you all and denying he ever started this passionate debate. :)
Only one snag - I need 2 hands on the wheel or I'll be as bad as the drivers you and McM loves to slag off. How do we solve that little nugget? Also, if I stop to film them they'll most likely try and kill me..

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service