Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

On leaving the house this morning my partner clocked a woman looking at the houses across the street. She watched him leave the house and then approached him, asking if he had a cigarette.

She followed him to the post office on Green Lanes and was waiting for him when he came out. Instead of going to get his haircut, he came back home. He approached the woman, who was still hanging about him, to let him know he was watching her!

He thinks she might have been looking for empty houses and following the occupants to ensure they were not heading home.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can just look at the roof of a house at the moment to see if it's occupied.

How does that work John?

Did you work it out Hugh? The house opposite me is being turned into flats renovated and is currently unoccupied. It is now the only one in the street with snow on the roof. More of a sign for potential squatters I guess.

The logic's clear, John. It's just that I'm not convinced by it. A snowy roof might indicate no occupants or it might be better insulation. Equally a house left empty yesterday may already have had its snow melted off by occupants who were in residence till recently.

John that's amazing! Does it work with flat roofs and houses where the heating is left on but occupants are out? How reliable is it when a house is divided into flats? Or if a house is really well insulated?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you (ha, ha).

Also, my roof is covered in snow because the loft is very well insulated. I'm definitely in too.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service