Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

12:30am Sat 15/02/14 - high winds cause chaos for Harringay's Passage;

Luckily all is calm on Falkland Rd;

Views: 3866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Phil

Nice idea :) but a health and safety risk I wouldn't suggest that members of the public do that. I have also contacted the emergency line and asked that the area be made safe immediately. Although the wall is not the councils the path is and the council must clear it safely to prevent an accident.

Emine

Labour Canfidate (Harringay ward)

Emine - could you explain why moving a load of bricks off the passage back into the garden behind constitutes a health and safety risk ? Isn't the risk much higher if we just leave them where they are? You do know that Health and Safety regulations apply only to the workplace ?

Helping to clear up used to be called good citizenship, before the Labour nanny state took over

Hi john and Phil

The damage looks dangerous and structural and it is the councils job to clear. I am sure you will agree that the council must carry out it's duty to make the area safe and not expect local people to do something like this. This is not party political I am sure David and Karen will agree that the important thing is for the area to be made safe and cleared ASAP.

Emine

Labour Candidate (Harringay Ward)

Indeed. That's why David Schmitz and others cleared snow from the Passage in 2012 without waiting for the Council to do it.

Hi John

I am slightly confused as to the point you are making and why you seem to think this is party political when David and Karen clearly don't. Snow is very different to structural damage. I sign my name with which party I am a candidate for because that is the rules of the site.

Emine

Labour Candidate (Harringay Ward)

The point I am trying to make ( and clearly failing ) is that " Health and Safety " is too often inappropriately quoted as the reason for stopping people doing sensible things. I'm not making this a party political issue, other than to suggest that health and safety paranoia mushroomed during the period of the last ( National ) Labour government.

Nanny state? Isn't that the country leading Tories recruit people from to bring up their children for them?

Plenty of people on here looking for nannies. Are they all Tories ?

I see someone seeking a Nanny Share this morning, John. A natural Coalitionist in the making, starting early May 2014?

No just richer than me..........

Probably.......

The fence too will be cleared imminently.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service