Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

12:30am Sat 15/02/14 - high winds cause chaos for Harringay's Passage;

Luckily all is calm on Falkland Rd;

Views: 3866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This looks awful - great that you reported so quick Karen. Keep us up to date on any response because building control need to act quick if there is any dangerous structural damage. Also the last thing we would want flying around now that it's loose is razor wire!

Emine Ibrahim

Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

Here's a picture of the wall blown down in the passage between Cavendish and Mattison Roads - from Alison Park via Twitter:

OMG!

Like Alan I do think the southerly gusts last night have caused these problems as the Passage is basically aligned south-north.

Shouldn't landlords/owners be dealing with this straight away at their own expense? Clearing the debris away at least.

Good to see councillors active on this. Please update us as and when.

Btw, beeb reports the UK was hit by an 'extratropical cyclone', whatever that is in weather speak.

Make Wikipedia  and Google your friends, Matt.

I took that picture at 2pm. No sign of any action to clear it up at all. Will have a look on my way home.

Thanks Alison. Anyone can report via 84890000

Got it Alan. Sounded more interesting than it is. :)

Still there, just reported it.

Got to agree but FYI buildings insurance usually does not cover fences, gates, perimeter walls etc, hence a little 'encouragement' might be an idea.

Is this the section of wall which was recently rebuilt as it was bulging out into the passage? The bricks look new. It was somewhere between cavendish and mattison.
No. That's a different section. We were wondering earlier how that would have fared with that wind.

The razor wire has now been removed, but the fence is still lying across the pavement. Fortunately, though, the pavement is wider here than elsewhere, and therefore people are able to pass unhindered.

Nonetheless, because the fence still represents a hazard and because the razor wire has  simply been dumped in the back garden adjacent, I have requested that there be a further attendance to remove these items. I am told that this will happen within the next 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

On Geoff's point about razor wire in general, an offence at common law is committed if one lays a trap on ones land. However, this does not extend to having more obvious hazards like razor wire. Unfortunate, but there we are. The advice which he quotes is, of course, entirely correct because the property owner would be liable under a civil claim if anyone got hurt.

Speaking of the property owner, the property is tenanted. I have spoken to one of the tenants who has already attempted to contact the landlord.

So one way or another, this should all work out quite soon.

David Schmitz

Liberal Democrat Councillor, Harringay Ward

I've spoken to the council about the wall as well, again the surveyor will take a look and come back to me with an update. I had indeed asked that they take a look at the whole length of the Harringay Passage for further problems. Let's hope it will be less windy night.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service