Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello Holers

For the past few weeks a cute, but quite vocal tabby Tom has rather forlornly staked out our flat.  He has a wide face and big bright green eyes. The photos don't really do him justice.

As the weather got colder, he started sneaking in through our cat flap.  First of all I'd smell the wee (either his calling card or maybe a 'wee off' between him and our own cats - we have two) and then on a couple of occasions we'd see him running out through our cat flap.  Over the last month, he has been more bold and I've come in to the sitting room to find him lounging on the sofa or armchair whilst our two cats look on in denial and defeat.

My husband and I have been too compassionate to shoo him out or hide the cat food when it's been arctic.  Now we have builders around and the weather is less awful he is inside less (for the moment).  But he is very much around and sits with his big moon eyes wailing at us outside the back door.  I have every sympathy for him, but we can't take on the responsibility and expense of another cat and would like Wee Off to stop.

Does anyone know this cat?

Or have any suggestions as what to do now?

He deserves a nice home and maybe being Top Cat.

Many thanks for any advice.

Views: 698

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are expensive aren't they?  When you take into account pet food, insurance, vets bills, inoculations, cat-sitter fees etc etc.  At least they don't need clothes/shoes!  I bet yours are v grateful!

That's a really sweet story  re the platonic feline romance - thank you! 

They are expensive aren't they?  When you take into account pet food, insurance, vets bills, inoculations, cat-sitter fees etc etc.  At least they don't need clothes/shoes!  I bet yours are v grateful!

That's a really sweet story  re the platonic feline romance - thank you! 

Just re the RSPCA...not all cats with FIV need to be put down, ours had secondary illnesses so was dying anyway.

When we got our cat, we looked at several different rescue places and at the time (2.5 years ago) it was RSPCA policy to put to sleep all FIV+ cats.  Things may have changed, but comments I've read in other similar discussions on here suggest they haven't.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service