Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Help needed! Cleaner has spilled something and stained the carpet

Hi all - It would be really great to get some advice from this group. My cleaner has spilled some water which, as we were away for the weekend, wasn't cleaned up properly. It has now left a stain that I have been advised from cleaning firms they can't get out.

My cleaner is insisting that they must be allowed to appoint a firm to dye the carpet to 'make it right' but I'm not happy with this as it is a pure wool carpet.

Has anyone had any experience with dying a carpet to get the stain out? Alternatively, does anyone know how I can get the damaged fixed - I'm feeling like I'm running into a brick wall!?

Thank you so much all 

Views: 641

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think then you could sue the company in the small claims court. I believe it's cheap if not free.

I'm really not comfortable about getting the carpet dyed (seems a bit harsh). Does anyone have any experience with this type of carpet treatment?

So, you don't want to claim off your insurance and you don't want to give the cleaning company a chance to perform perfectly reasonable steps to try to make this right.

While I understand the frustration, essentially what you're saying is that you want them to replace the entire carpet. From an outside perspective (which is what you've asked for by posting here) that doesn't seem even in the least bit fair or measured as a response. Good luck taking that to court! If I was the cleaning company and you were being that unreasonable, I'd put my final response to you in writing and wish you well.

What I'd recommend is that you get, in writing, confirmation that they will make good and that they think this is the best course of action to take as a first measure. Then, if they do perform the work and it's not satisfactory, you go from there - at which stage it would be reasonable to push for a replacement carpet. That is the only course of action that a court or indeed an insurance company would likely find reasonable.

I think if you went to the Small Claims Court, ( see above ) you would have to be able to show that you gave them every chance to put things right.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service