Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone know what it was all about. Green Lanes was blocked on two separate occasions and massed police were marching up and down with great purpose. It felt like a pre-planned operation, rather than reacting to some incident.

Views: 1449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Possibly something to do with the football, on the plus side we didn't get the cacophony of car-horns all night.

Don't think it was to do with the football 

Suggestions online that some people associated with the ultra-nationalist Turkish Grey Wolves caused a disturbance at the Kurdish Centre. 

Wow - terrible.

The Grey Wolves are wrong-uns. Anti Christian militants.(among other things).

Has it really come to this?

Far left Kurdish groups and far right Turkish groups (and they're actual 'far right') battling it out on our streets.

Thanks for alerting us all to this adamvietnam and to you JamesN for helping tease out what's happened. It seems to have been an incident only picked up by the Kurdish news, but I have done my best to tease out what happened and have posted a piece about the incident here.

Why bring do they bring their problems to this country, our streets don't need this .

I've just read that a main kingpin of the Dalston cafe shootings has himself been shot dead outside a cafe in Moldova. 

It's one of the downsides of 'freedom of movement'.

John, this was a common compliant about the Turks for about 600 years from the mid-14th century and was just what the rest of the world was saying about the Brits for a few hundred years too. Tch, some things never change.

Levelling down.

Britain was a civilising influence. This is the opposite. We are right to be concerned.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service