Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

———————————————————————————————

Probably few website users frequently check the "small print" in their account settings. 

For example, until the other day did not know there is in eBay a preference for AI development and training. Still less did I know that something had selected "yes" on my behalf to use "personal data". I don't know for how long I had been opted in without my knowledge.

The wording in my screenshot above raises all sorts of questions, that I won't try to put to eBay's robotic chatbot.

This has been a quiet trend for some time.

For example, it is possible to reduce the level of snooping on accounts in Zuckerberg's Facebook farm. When several years ago I saw just how many controls there were and how many adjustments were needed in order to improve one's privacy—and how little I used it—I just pulled the plug entirely.

Tags for Forum Posts: AI, Adobe, Facebook, bot, bots, deceit, default, defaults, ebay, opt-in, More…settings, sly, training, underhand

Views: 69

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find my reddit comments are being hoovered by chatgpt.  It's uncanny how quickly things are picked up. 

HAVE you noticed that some websites that are not in league with the AI-suckers and Zuckers and who do not want to make their users' activity available for AI training-hoovers, are now challenging new visits with a small test, in order to frustrate bot activity?

RSS

Advertising

© 2026   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service