Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Has anyone on the ladder had a side return extension - please let me know! Haringey council proving troublesome!

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone on the ladder streets has had a side return extension done and has had planning permission?

We are refurbishing a house on Burgoyne Road and have had some very mixed messages from Haringey planning office for our proposal (one officer said it looked fine and another said it would be unacceptable). It's a fairly standard proposal to make a more usable kitchen space (we currently have a series of smaller rooms).

Apparently it will help our case if others have had planning permission accepted.

Many thanks in advance

Clarissa

Tags for Forum Posts: side return

Views: 5458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FWIW this sounds about right to me for a good quality fit-up given the quotes we got a couple of years back. You can keep a lid on the budget by, for example, designing your garden door space around off-the-peg measurements from the shop rather than commissioning bespoke doors. Also we used velux-style windows rather than a full glass roof, as getting glass cut can get expensive quite quickly... 

Having said that we actually ended up getting doors specially made to get exactly what we wanted, and timing the job with sale season it didn't cost more than many standard shop prices.

We stumbled through with a combination of luck, stupidity and a lot of internet research!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service