Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Councillors Harris and Hayley have been deselected by the St Ann's Labour Party. This means they will not be standing for St Ann's in next year's local elections. Haringey still faces the possibility that one or both of them will be selected for other wards however.

Read more in the Journal......

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Life of Brian

“He’s not the Messiah. He’s a very naughty boy”
I HAD forgotten that this early photo of the Committee of the Stroud Green Residents Association (in disguise) still existed. (Left to Right: Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and web-moderator). Note the faxes and CPZ accounts wrapped in stones.

If BH doesn't deliver on my own Cavendish-Warham stretch I'll cast the first stone and drive all the nails meself.
I like to inform you that the Council will relay both section of pavements on Effingham Road I am not sure about Lothair S. but I will look ito it. Cllr. Gina Adamou
Gina, I was wondering rather about the promise to complete the relaying of all Wightman Road's pavements from Effingham Road junction to the Lothair Road S. intersection of Wightman and Alroy roads. Of course, I accept that Effingham and Lothair Rd S are probably in need of some renovation also.

As you will remember, the Wightman pavements north of Effingham Road were relaid/re-tarmacked following the consultation seeking residents' road improvement priorities of Aug-Sept 2007. Wightman pavements south of Effingham, though in worse condition, were left untouched "on the advice of the Council's road engineer", according to Cllr Haley. His promise to me at the Special Traffic & Transport Assembly in March'09 was that this work on 'Wightman N4' pavements would be completed this year. This promise stemmed from my correspondence and discussions with Cllr Haley and Frontline during the eighteen months following 'pavement improvement' priorities submitted by 25 of my immediate neighbours to the Sept'07 Consultation.

As you know, Gina, pavement improvement is just one of our priorities for Wightman Road.
Interesting that Alan says that Brian has not responded to any of his emails for years. Maybe this is the reason why he has put in FoI requests on Brian's activities to H'gey Cncl?

Personally, I think Labour have made a terrible mistake in getting rid of Bob and Brian. As for their replacements....
I don't. I think they needed to get rid of almost all their existing councilors. Certainly the ones with cabinet positions. You snap up all the rats you can.
Can I just say, John, that when Alan joined us he was not de-selected nor, to my knowledge and his, was this likely.

Anyone who defects to us after being de-selected would need to convince us of the need to take them. e.g. have their political views genuinely changed, why do they not come over sooner etc.

I wonder if a certain other opposition party here in Haringey would be as fussy? They're not known as the 'dustbin party' for nothing (-:

Justin

Check on my profile for my political allegiance
Speaking of dustbins, not surprised to see the Sun and the Murdoch Empire giving their support via the dregs of the titified comic to the old Eatonians.
Well of course it's the working classes who are now middle classes that decide what goes on page 3 of the manifesto. No need for intelligence in politics. It's all down to looks and a firm, upstanding belief in fairness .... just as long as it's British.
Yes, this was a case in hand as they had never supported proper Labour before that and only supported them when their politics were tinged blue. In 1997 the country was desperate, even the Sun.

Off Topic, apologies!
Now the country is even more desperate

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service